Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 50

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 24, 2017.

1. eagles1139

Regular

Boston was great tonight! 59 Sound on the piano was such a special moment. And man does Forget Me Not rip live.

Shrek, RobJGolde and Barresi like this.
  2. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

That was rad

Shrek and Barresi like this.
  3. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Sorry to the dude proposing tomorrow.

eagles1139 likes this.
  4. DannyZach

Trusted

Hahaha yeah

Barresi likes this.
  5. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Fuck yeah it does

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

what is this referencing lol

7. Shrek

also gutted to see they cut Last Rites. need that to not be the case tonight

8. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Short story is Brian said there's this guy been messaging him telling him he's going to propose to his girlfriend at the show in New York for a very long time, kind of rudely. He took a vote from the crowd last night about wether or not he should let the guy do it or ruin his night and not allow it happen, and it being a Boston crowd, the decision was unanimously the latter.

This was about ten minutes of banter after two songs in the set, haha.

AshlandATeam, Joe4th and Shrek like this.
  9. Shrek

the essential Brian Fallon experience :crylaugh:

will report back if it goes down or not tonight lol

Joe4th and Barresi like this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I swear that story went on for 23 minutes hahaha

Shrek, Joe4th and Barresi like this.
  11. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I love Brian banter. In Rochester he talked about the improper painting technique at the venue as the reason why little flakes were falling into Ian’s eyes lol

Shrek likes this.
  12. Shrek

yeah i love the banter so much.

it's funny though because i remember on the Get Hurt tour he'd make a statement every night saying "we aren't going to do encores anymore, it's wasted time because you know we aren't done and we can play more songs in the time we'd leave stage"

but he would take five minutes to communicate that and kinda defeat the purpose lol

Jdaniels, SteveLikesMusic and Joe4th like this.
  13. Shrek

show was fun. no proposal haha. highlight was def Brian letting loose on Sugar, sounded more like the height of Blood Loss for a snippet.

find you a lover that looks at you the way Brian looks at Ian

14. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Instead of a proposal, we got a 10 minute rant about soap.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Been obsessed with “I Believe Jesus Brought Us Together” lately. Possibly Brian’s best lyrics. Damn.

AshlandATeam, ECV, Barresi and 3 others like this.
  16. Quercus

Regular

The Live at The Troubadour version is ridiculous.

For the uninitiated:

AshlandATeam and Joe4th like this.
  17. abw123

Trusted

Random thought -

Brian has GOT to have a few punk bangers laying around that he never finished......sure would be awesome if he and TGA would record a little EP to celebrate this summer tour and stretch those muscles again.

.K. likes this.
  18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Based off all the interviews from Brian the idea of Gaslight ever reuniting for an album is so unlikely.

BUT OH MAN do I pray these stretch of shows reignite a flame from all of them!

19. eagles1139

Regular

I still think there's a chance of a TGA reunion down the line. I think Brian is just enjoying the freedom of being able to do his own thing and not being burdened by the notion of living up to past Gaslight albums. And if he says "maybe there's a chance" in interviews then he will feel like he's being held to that, so he pumps the brakes on it when it gets brought up.

But they all seem to still have good relationships, and Brian's still making pretty similar music, so I wouldn't be shocked if this tour is the first step towards an eventual album down the line. We'll see!

20. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I think they’ll definitely make a return. If this tour doesn’t reignite their spark i’d be surprised. But even if it doesn’t right away, I think we’ll get another Brian solo album then another Gaslight record.

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

They will return. I forget where I heard it, but Benny and Alex Levine had or were having kids when the band took a break and both of them have said in interviews or to people that posted here that the band would return and weren't done. I believe Benny had said on one of the going off track episodes that he wanted to spend time at home raising his new kid. Like you mentioned, the members are all still good friends so it's really just about timing things with families and now Brian's solo career. But there is no reason both can't exist.

22. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Did anyone who preordered the deluxe edition of Sleepwalkers randomly get shipping info from the BF Store today? Says it was an update to my original order...

23. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I didn't. But I still haven't gotten mine. It's neat.

24. NoRoads

My friend who still hasn't gotten hers got an email earlier this week stating the estimated ship date for her order was now June 22nd. I don't know what happened but obviously somebody screwed up big time.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  25. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I just tonight got an email saying mine has shipped.

I'm excited - I got the signed deluxe record and shirt combo. I'm happy to have it. But if I'm honest, the whole delay and lack of communication sort of sullies the whole thing. I won't be preordering anything from them again, that's for sure.