Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 24, 2017.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

From setlist.fm it seems like he does 1-2 at most of his headlining sets...

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t really care, though. This is the first time I’ve ever listened to Painkillers and I like it wayyyy more than the last two TGA albums.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

he played Stray Paper when i saw him, that was it. I think he really wants this to be a separate venture.

electro haikus likes this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I think with a second album worth of material he won’t play any this time around. I’m hoping to get some Horrible Crowes songs though.

5. abw123

Trusted

When I saw him, no TGA songs, most of the setlists I have seen have been all Painkillers/Crowes plus a cover or two, I have seen a few setlists where he'll play a random TGA song acoustically like Navesink Banks, but certainly not much more than that.

I would guess, down the line, if TGA ever breaks up for good, more of that stuff will seep in, but for now he generally keeps them separate and has said in interviews he likes it that way. I LOVE the idea of them being separate if TGA were still an "every other year" touring entity, but as is, I'm starting to hanker for some of that stuff too as absence makes the heart grow fonder and what not.

Neon Light likes this.
  6. abw123

Trusted

Here's another question, do we think The Howling Weather name is an indicator that he has an all-new band? So we think Alex and Ian are gone ???

7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

In the last year of shows or so he was more frequently doing a Gaslight song or two. I remember often seeing National Anthem, Stray Paper, Blue Jeans, and Boxer. Never more than two, usually one if you’re lucky. I imagine that was a symptom of touring Painkillers for a year or more, with 12 new songs I think the Gaslight songs will become more rare again.

Joe4th likes this.
  8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’ll probably have a hundred plays of this song by the end of the weekend. So catchy.

9. abw123

Trusted

I know, I'm wearing it out already too

10. abw123

Trusted

I'm trying to think of his last "first single" to grab me like this........even "45", which is insanely catchy, took me a few more listens to love than this did. Did not love American Slang immediately.

11. Barcara

Regular

Song is good, not great, in my mind, Glad everyone else is excited though! Can't wait or more Brian.

Song reminds me of Helter Skeleton, specifically the outro part of that song.

12. abw123

Trusted

Yep. The call and response part, Madame Misery. Agree

13. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Was curious about this as well.

14. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

At Shadow of the City, it was Brian, Ian, and two people I didn't recognize. Wouldn't be surprised if the new lineup was something like this.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. I love this song a lot. Not what I was expecting from Painkillers’ followup but exactly what I needed. I love how it directly addresses some of Get Hurt’s lyrical topics and themes—basically feels like a response to Underneath The Ground and “put me in the cold ground” reminds me a lot of “put flowers down on the cold ground and cry me a river” from Rollin and Tumblin.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  16. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Can someone fix the release date in the thread title?

17. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Love it

19. eagles1139

Regular

Pretty random find but this clip from during the recording is definitely a clip of the title track, as he's singing "where you and I go walking in our sleep":

Sounds awesome

RJ Knorr likes this.
  20. Shrek

think i'm gonna throw caution to the wind and get tickets to the May NYC show

Joe4th likes this.
  21. Shrek

@Jason Tate can you do me a solid and delete the three tour posters from the OP? Went with a text box to reduce clutter. Giving me the same image deleting bug

22. abw123

Trusted

Playing melancholy songs that somehow made us
    Feeel a whole lot betterrrrrrrrr

23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Matthewconte likes this.
  24. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Loving the new single, can't wait for the new album.

25. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Will the presale code get emailed out or?