Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 24, 2017.

1. eagles1139

Regular

This was just reuploaded if anyone hasn't seen it. Revival Tour 2011 with Brian, Chuck Ragan, Dave Hause, Dan Andriano. Incredible show.

This version of "Great Expectations" (starts at 6:46) is one of the most emotional performances ever.

2. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Holy fucking shit, I cannot wait to watch this tomorrow morning. You’re a goddamn saint.

3. eagles1139

Regular

My pleasure -- years ago I had downloaded this show and lost it on an old computer so I'm pumped it's back. Them all playing 59 Sound towards the end, all drenched in sweat from the long show, is must watch.

4. RobJGolde

Update: I'm halfway through Dave Hause's performance and it's re-affirming my pride for being from Philly haha

5. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Handwritten
    Mae
    Mulholland Drive
    We Came to Dance
    Miles Davis and the Cool
    Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
    Casanova Baby
    The Backseat
    Dark Places
    Stay Lucky
    She Loves You
    American Slang

That's 12 in no order. Gaslight only.

6. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

1. Little Nightmares
    2. Watson
    3. Sleepwalkers
    4. If Your Prayers Don't Get to Heaven
    5. Nepture
    6. My Name is the Night
    7. Come Wander With Me
    8. See you on the other side
    9. Her Majestys service
    10. Etta James
    11. Forget Me not

Huge gap

12. Proof of life

7. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Only if Handwritten the song isn't first.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Sleepwalkers vinyl on Amazon went from 'shipping in 1 to 4 weeks' to being back in stock on Feb. 26. My original arrival date was March 19. Now it's next Tuesday. Pumped!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  9. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Mine arrived from Amazon yesterday!

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Interesting.

I also ordered Painkillers, so there may have been a wait on that too. I also noticed that Sleepwalkers is now only $18. It was $22 when I initially made the order.

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the setlists for the European tour are fuckin' beautiful. cannot wait for this summer.

Joe4th likes this.
  12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm so excited to see him and Dave on Friday

Shrek likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I should have got Painkillers when it was $11 now it's $20

14. abw123

Trusted

Setlists are great, but can't believe he doesn't consider Neptune and Watson "must plays".

Pepetito and Wezzo like this.
  15. abw123

Trusted

Also, weird there is no keyboard player ??? These songs are filled with keys.

16. RobJGolde

Yeah, like I get it, Brian and Ian are good guitarists in their own right, but you're gonna need those keys to really fill things out. Alex Rosamillia plays the keys well, I'm sure he'd be down to do it.

Jdaniels likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Neptune is pretty skippable for me. I enjoy Watson though.

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I think the 1-2 punch of Neptune-Watson is my favorite part of the album.

19. RobJGolde

*Little Nightmares-Sleepwalkers haha

Pepetito and jpmalone4 like this.
  20. abw123

Trusted

Same here, but I include SYOTOS as a 3-way punch. Best part of the album for sure in my opinion.

"I never held any grudges, or kept any pictures" is one of my favorite lyrics/phrasing on the album, along with "bank robber" and "the same electricity humming"

jpmalone4 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  21. abw123

Trusted

I'm also getting close to making the argument that Proof of Life is a bottom 10 Brian Fallon song.

It's the only thing on the album that's not clicking in as GREAT to me. Like most of his lesser works, it's certainly not a bad song, it just pales in comparison to the other 11 on Sleepwalkers or to anything on Painkillers.

I know some others like it, so no offense intended, just my opinion. Maybe it will click for me later, like Etta James did.

22. RobJGolde

I present to you all the best live performance of Old White Lincoln ever recorded.

There used to be a pro-quality version of this, but it got taken down unfortunately

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s not. Spare yourself any future regret. It may be your 12th favourite song on the album, but one song has to be. I’ve said it before, it’s like the closer of Side A (tracks 1-6), and meant to change up the music flow of the album. It encapsulates the theme of the album, just like See You On The Side. It’s a fantastic record. Live with the song for a while. Album came out less than a month ago...if you listen through his discography a year from now and feel the same then make a case.

I’d say he doesn’t have 10 bad songs.

Jdaniels likes this.
  24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I strongly disagree. For me, Proof of Life is a highlight on the album. And this is an album for me where it is hard to pick highlights as I think it is extremely consistent quality-wise and absolutely jam-packed with top-notch songs. On several listens-through now though Proof of Life has stood out to me.

I tried doing a ranking of songs and I honestly can't. Even my earlier statement that the 1-2 punch of Neptune-Watson might be my favorite moment on the album doesn't feel entirely honest as it seems to take away from something like Etta James - which has fast risen right up towards the top of all-time Brian Fallon songs for me - or the title track which I feel is one of the most exciting things Brian has done in a long time with the way it brings in the very New Orleans sounding horns but in a way that feels totally organic and perfect for the song.

If I had to pick my least favorite song on the album I still have to go with Her Majesty's Service, but honestly I would rank it as a 4 or 4 1/2 star song on an album with 11 five star songs alongside it. It is by no means a bad song in any way shape or form whatsoever.

Heart likes this.
  25. eagles1139

Regular

Oh god the end is legendary when he keeps going as everyone applauds.

Shrek, SteveLikesMusic and Barresi like this.