Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Sleepwalkers (February 9, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Shrek, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Thanks a bunch!

2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’m so happy about all of this today.

electro haikus likes this.
  3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I'm here! Didnt know the thread was here!

When are we getting a tracklist?

4. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

That album artwork is so great and follows Painkillers’ so well.

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'm guessing the upcoming single release dates didn't leak with the pre-order like they did with Painkillers lol

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Ugh do I want to drop $50 on this

7. DannyZach

Trusted

Got email last night with all details from production and going to NJ for that video shoot next Thursday,now I feel lucky to have collection of all of these old leather jackets I can finally use haha anyone else's going?

8. abw123

Trusted

I wonder if the album will have all new songs, do we know or has he said? I remember being disappointed when Painkillers tracklist was released because of the songs we had heard before, only to then be OVERJOYED with how much better they were than their previous demo incarnations.

As for the song, it's damn near perfect. It straddles the very difficult line of being FRESH yet FAMILIAR. It instantly sounds like a bunch of TGA/BF songs without doing so in a derivative fashion. I feel like it reminds me of something of his at every turn but I can't quite put my finger on what, if that makes any sense. And that's a compliment.

The cadence of the chorus in particular, is VERY Brian Fallon-ish. Which is great !!!! The man knows his craft and knows his audience. I adore him and everything he does.

At this point the lines have blurred for me between TGA and BF. I can't even tell if I think this sounds more like the former or the latter.

9. abw123

Trusted

I just read - new album has 12 tracks

10. abw123

Trusted

Lastly, still disappointed that I don't have my hands on mp3's of Digging In the Dirt or The Blues, Mary that he released on vinyl with the last album, did those every appear anywhere? Superfans should be able to get everything !!!

Also disappointed that the Georgia songs were never put on Itunes, great songs but don't think they sound as good or were produced as well as Painkillers. I have the vinyl rip that I'm sure everyone else has......

11. Ben Lee

I've been waiting on a Non-vinyl rip of The Blues, Mary for forever. I dont think we're ever getting it.

12. abw123

Trusted

Not to get too far off topic, but it still just irks me. I just don't get the logic. Your best fans should be able to consume all your music. I WANT TO BUY THESE SONGS, PLEASE PLEASE LET ME.

There is not a non-vinyl rip of Georgia either, is there??? I think I have the best version, just don't think it sounds great.

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2/9 so far away though

14. The song or the EP? The version I have sounds good. I don't think it was recorded with Butch though, that may be why it sounds different.

15. abw123

Trusted

If anyone has Digging in the Dirt to share, it would be much appreciated.

And thanks Jason Tate.

16. abw123

Trusted

The EP, I'm certain the version I have is the same as yours.....and I think you may be right.

17. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Ruston Kelly and Caitlin Rose are both awesome opener choices, btw.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. For comparison:
    Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 1.13.08 PM.png

19. abw123

Trusted

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. Ben Lee

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Buying tickets to this for sure. Does he do any Gaslight songs live?

22. abw123

Trusted

Very very rarely. I would not expect it.

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lame