Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Painkillers (March 11, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I kinda think this Georgia EP blows away Painkillers.

It's so damn good.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Couldn't find it.

3. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

4. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

It definitely has a different sound to it. I can see why none of these were on Painkillers.

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. abw123

Trusted

Got the RSD vinyl, EXTREMELY disappointed to not get a download code. That's $20 wasted. Not a collector. Just want the songs!

Are we SURE these will eventually be released digitally? I'm a completist and must have Georgia as well as the other 2 B-Sides that are coming out on vinyl.

6. Good chance this ends up being my AOTY. On a big kick lately.

7. Paul Beaumont

Can't see it holding up that high for me when bands like Thrice and Brand New start getting stuff out there. O'Brother is currently the best I've heard this year by a mile.

8. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

RJ Knorr likes this.
  9. abw123

Trusted

OUTSTANDING. Thanks.

10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I like the EP a lot, but I definitely understand why these songs aren't on the record. I don't think they fit with the influences he was going for and thought they sounded more like his other projects. I could see at least the first of these on the next Horrible Crowes record.

ECV likes this.
  11. abw123

Trusted

I haven't heard the Georgia songs yet.....and while I totally agree with popular sentiment that Fallon/Gaslight B-sides are pretty much always phenomenal, as good as the album tracks, etc.....Craig's comment rings true to me. Aside from
    Blue Dahlia (which would totally fit on Handwritten), all the other top B-Sides have likely been left off the albums for "fit" reasons. She Loves You and all the Get Hurt B-Sides in particular - great songs, but not in the context of those albums.

In fact I think Mama's Boys could've fit on Painkillers with some minor production changes, and Sweet Morphine and Have Mercy could've been on Elsie.

patrfinley likes this.
  12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I agree with this. They're good songs. They just had no business being on Painkillers. I'm glad they still found a home though. I'll never say no to more Brian Fallon music

13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

There are still proper b-sides from Painkillers that haven't surfaces yet. I'm pretty sure that Brian recorded them at the same time as the Georgia Ep, but I'm still looking forward to hearing Digging In The Dirt and a new version of The Blues, Mary (which sounded cool live).

And also people need to remember that Brian's various projects alter quite a bit. All the music is under the same umbrella, but who really knows what a next Brian Fallon would Sound like. Gaslight varied quite a bit. Guy has a lot of musical influences.

ECV likes this.
  14. abw123

Trusted

In my opinion Open All Night is the most Springsteen-y he's every sounded.

15. abw123

Trusted

Anyone get hands on The Blues Mary and Digging in the Dirt yet? Thought I read those vinyls were getting shipped late April.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I've been asking the same question. People have said they still haven't shipped and are going to take longer unfortunately.

17. nivek87

came here to ask the same thing. looks like getting an answer was pretty easy.

18. nivek87

anyone that has gotten the ep (heard they are popping up). hows the blues, mary?

19. abw123

Trusted

Dying to get these 5 songs in digital format. Hoping when he puts Georgia on Itunes it includes the other 2 songs.....

20. abw123

Trusted

Long clips of The Blues Mary and Digging in the Dirt are here.

Digging in the Dirt is a Peter Gabriel cover.

Painkillers at Juno Records

21. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Liked the Blues Mary clip. Just how I had hoped it would sound.

22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Actively looking for these b-sides. Record doesn't feel complete without them.

23. abw123

Trusted

Me too

24. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Man, how great is the song Georgia?

25. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I still havent heard the b-sides to this I need to download those if theyre available