Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Local Honey (March 27, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Oct 29, 2019.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Eight songs on a two-worded album title labeled as country and releasing the closer as the single.

What the fuck is going on here?

JBoch, .K., momo32t and 1 other person like this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

An eight-song country album from Brian Fallon is extremely my shit.

JBoch, Matt Chylak, CarpetElf and 8 others like this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

album art reminds me of separation Sunday

stoked for it

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. chong138

I VPN'd it earlier on youtube. It's not country sounding. It sounds like a soft Brian Fallon song. Seems really odd to have as the first single for his album....unless the entire album has this vibe.

5. Dog Fish

Mutt

what's the instrumentation like? just guitar?

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

all yall saying you arent gonna listen are cute :eh:

Joe4th likes this.
  7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Brian Fallon has been THE bridge between music tastes for my fiancee and i. she is all country all the time but i got her into Sleepwalkers to start. Fallon and Gaslight both wound up in her top 5 played this year. alternatively she has gotten me into a lot of country modern and classic. we are getting married in October and our first dance was going to be See You on the Other Side but ill be damned if it doesnt get replaced by something off this lol

Joe4th, RJ Knorr and Brother Beck like this.
  8. momo32t

Trusted

Enjoying seeing our interests in beer and Brian Fallon converge.

Anthony_ likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait until y'all become honey enthusiasts now.

Shrek likes this.
  10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Every time a band or musician that I love releases info about an upcoming release I always tell myself it is pretty silly to get excited based on simply the name of a track with no other information.

But also, an 8-track country-ish Brian Fallon album with a track titled "Hard Feelings" !!!?!

I'm only fucking human.

11. eagles1139

Regular

Haven't heard anything yet but I wouldn't put too much stock in Itunes categorizing it as "country" -- I've seen plenty of albums lumped into the 'wrong' genre, especially when they're in that whole "country/americana/folk/singer songwriter/etc" wheelhouse. For sure down with a BF country album though.

Brother Beck likes this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is kinda what I was thinking too, but it's still such an awesome thought. I'm guessing it's just a little more stripped down and acoustic based.

13. Dog Fish

Mutt

so we have a blink song and a dashboard lyric both as song titles. cool

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

And they’ll both be better than anything out of either of those bands discographies

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’m excited.

16. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

fully on board for an 8 song album

17. chong138

I only listened twice. It had acoustic and a touch of electric guitar, plus a little bass and drums. There were some background instruments too...like tamborines or something. Definitely seems like your normal mellow Brian Fallon closing song.

EDIT - I can't understand how people are actually excited to get only 8 songs.

18. abw123

Trusted

I'm certain it will be awesome but I wish it was longer for sure.

Pepetito likes this.
  19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I would hope with 8 songs we don’t get any filler. Brian doesn’t necessarily have what I would call filler but he has definitely had some songs that his heart wasn’t fully in. 8 songs tells me he might have put 100% into all of this.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I love this song

21. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think the streaming era has conditioned y'all to value quantity over quality, which is honestly bizarre to me. The biggest fault of Sleepwalkers is that it's too long. A focused, eight-track album from him could really be something special. It's not a matter of "Oh, I'm excited to get fewer songs from an artist I love!" It's more that I value a cohesive listening experience over a record with a lot of songs, and staying concise is one of the best ways to deliver that kind of experience. Brian knows Springsteen well enough to understand that.

We had this exact conversation around Surviving, and I wouldn't change a single thing about that album.

22. Donnie Ruth Dec 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 9, 2019)
    Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I like this song, I think it probably serves as a good closing track ...however I just wish I knew what it was concluding.

I really don’t like the idea of the closer being the lead single, especially when this is a very mellow, slow closing track. Unless the whole album is like this I’m kinda confused why this was chosen lol.

Thoughts on songs: the melody is super simple and won’t leave my head. It has very sweet, Brian Fallon lyrics and in good headphones I love hearing all the background sounds added in to elevate this. Nice song.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

To be fair, Surviving is a 10-song album, which is not out of the norm at all.

I honestly don’t care if the album is 8 songs so long as the quality is there. But it’s definitely not the norm.

24. eagles1139

Regular

Hate to be a downer, I worship at the feet of Fallon/TGA but this is just fine. Like it’s a pretty song, dig the piano and just the warm peaceful tone of it in general....but with such a spare instrumental and the kinda meandering melody those lyrics are notttttt doing it for me. I know his writing has gotten more direct and less dense over the years, but man that’s a lot of love song cliches and not much else from what I consider to be a great songwriter.

That’s just my first listen, not hitting the panic button as he’s never let me down before. Happy with 8 or however many songs he felt made the album he wanted to make. But this is the first time my reaction to a TGA/BF single has been “eh that was okay” rather than “inject this song into my veins rewind rewind rewind”

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This doesnt matter at all but man those are some bad song titles