Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Local Honey (March 27, 2020) Album • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Oct 29, 2019.

1. CAC3

Dog

Powerful, emotional album. I love it.

2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

So I didn’t listen to anything until the album dropped. When I got to the closer, and Brian hit that bridge, I immediately got chills and teared up. Also, that keeps happening - I cannot listen to that song without getting sincerely emotional. I really think it’s a contender for the best song he’s ever written, across his projects.

And now I learn that was the lead single? Seriously? That seems weird to do that. And also, it’s weird that folks didn’t just absolutely freak out about how good that song was then. Maybe it’s just a context of the album thing? I don’t know. But holy crap is that song absolutely breathtaking.

ezmo311 and imthesheriff like this.
  3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I think Horses, Hard Feelings, and You Have Stolen My Heart is just a stunning three song run to close out the album. Unbelievable.

4. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

My mom likes this album. That seals it. If you don’t like it you’re wrong.

abcdefg123 and JRGComedy like this.
  5. TysonChandlerBing

I feel like this is one of those albums that came into my life at a time when I most needed it. Powerful album and relevant based on my current thoughts and feelings

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

a lot of rightful praise for Etta James which is def my fav solo Fallon, but Come Wander With Me also wrecks me and Prayers is a phenomenal opener.

7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Sleepwalkers is a fucking PHENOMENAL album. I don't think it needs any trimming at all. It is the perfect length. If I had to lose 1 track it would be "Her Majesty's Service" and if you had to lose 2 tracks to make it a 10-track album I would lose "HMS" & "My Name Is The Night (Color Me Black)" but there is no need to lose any tracks because 12 tracks is great.

Painkillers is also phenomenal but it loses a couple points for leaving "Low Love" and "Georgia" off of the album.

So far Local Honey is a bonafide fucking classic, but I would be completely and utterly lying if I said that 8 songs is not disappointing to me, especially given how perfect of a marriage this type of songwriting from Brian Fallon is with Peter Katis as producer. Holy shit is this album sonic gloriousness. I absolutely love it already.

8. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

The fact that we haven’t gotten those digitally yet is dumb.

edit: I have the vinyl, I just want them remixed and digital.

Brother Beck likes this.
  9. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

I was just going to make a post about the tracks off the Georgia EP still being unavailable digitally. Haha. I don't wanna wear out my vinyl record, yet I love listening to 'em. The vinyl rips online are ok but yea, a proper digital version would be great.

.K. and Brother Beck like this.
  10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I have a beautiful unopened vinyl copy of Painkillers on display alongside a beautiful unopened vinyl copy of the Georgia EP because I had to get them both even though I still have no way to play vinyl.

momo32t and AP_Punk like this.
  11. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Yeah those Georgia Ep songs are fantastic, it is a shame there aren’t proper digital versions.

abw123, .K. and Brother Beck like this.
  12. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Others are like, "When's Gaslight getting back together?" But the most important question is, "When is the Georgia EP getting a digital release?"

13. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I wonder how much control Brian has over Putting it up on streaming sites? Or maybe it was his choice to have the songs be vinyl only, who knows.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I Don’t Mind gives me such a heavy Handwritten-era TGA acoustic song and I love every single bit of it.

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

thar might be why I don’t like it lol

17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

yeah im v glad i slipped out on the closer when it was a single. what a beautiful stretch. this thing opens and closely very powerfully

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I've listened to this album enough times now that the pre-release songs don't really stand out to me anymore like they did at first, which is really nice. This album is absolutely gorgeous. My favorite song at the moment is probably "Hard Feelings" - something about the percussion / drumming on that song just kills me - but honestly it is very consistently strong across all 8 songs.

I still do think 8 songs is too short though.

19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Hard Feelings" is a perfect song.

20. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

fallon just played "navesink banks" on a recent impromptu instagram livestream. so good.

imthesheriff and Brother Beck like this.
  21. Kuri44

Did anyone write a review for this album on here do does anyone have a good review to share? Been listening to this almost on repeat today

22. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I remember seeing Gaslight at an outdoor music festival in either New Hampshire or Maine in 2010 I think during the touring cycle for American Slang, and Brian Fallon would get SO FIRED UP when the people right up at the front of the crowd went NUTS during the Sink or Swim songs. We were singing all the lyrics back to him at the top of our lungs and I remember him at one point just busting out in like the biggest grin and just shaking his head like he couldn't believe it but he was so happy.

I try to always remember that moment when I would read about him having such a hard time with the press and reactions to albums like Get Hurt and stuff.

dustman, AP_Punk and Shrek like this.
  23. Shrek

yeah Brian held a lot of love for Sink and Swim during their entire tenure and i really loved and appreciated that

imthesheriff, Joe4th and Brother Beck like this.
  24. Shrek

my Local Honey LP got absolutely destroyed in the mail, pretty bummed.

25. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

That's cause Sink or Swim is awesome.