Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon - Local Honey (March 27, 2020) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Oct 29, 2019.

1. abw123

Trusted

Agree 100% with this take too

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I still love Handwritten, but I get why it might have turned some people off. It would be cool to hear that album remixed more in the style of the previous two.

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Wait I just read that article and the way it is written is confusing, but I think his comment of “it just wasn’t fun” is referring to the pressure & press on the hinges of the success of the 59’ Sound and not the actual reunion tour like I originally thought.

Makes me feel a little better, that reunion tour and the 3 shows I went to will forever be cherished moments.

Barresi and bradpetrik like this.
  4. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

The title song on handwritten is my favorite gaslight song.

Album slaps outside of desire and too much blood.

JRGComedy likes this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Literally every song Brian sings is good

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Handwritten is great, even if I prefer Ted Hutt's production style on 59 Sound & American Slang to Brendan O'Brien's on Handwritten. Handwritten is stacked with phenomenal songs, one if which is Blue Dahlia no matter what the original tracklist may indicate.

Get Hurt is an absolute monster of an album. The deluxe edition is essential, not only just for Have Mercy (the one reason I would pick it I had to pick just one) but for other gems like Sweet Morphine and Mama's Boys. I've been trying for the better part of a decade to slap together a cohesive version of this album from all of the absolutely fucking awesome tracks - which for me is 14 out of the 16 on the iTunes deluxe, and I still have not managed to do it, but it doesn't matter. It fucking rules regardless.

7. abw123

Trusted

Brother Beck is smart.

Pepetito and Brother Beck like this.
  8. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Handwritten is the only album I love haha oops

Pepetito likes this.
  9. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I like handwritten but feel like it’s a little over rated. The middle section has always lost me. The funny thing is that I like all the songs but something about Mulholland Drive- keepsake- Too Much blood, back to back to back doesn’t work for me.

as far as Get Hurt goes, it’s definitely not their best but I go back to it more frequently than their other records

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Handwritten is good.

11. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Guitar solo in Mulholland drive is banging.

Brother Beck likes this.
  12. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

The end of Mulholland Drive is a spell binding, boner inducing joyride.

13. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Wow, I got really bummed reading he didn't enjoy the anniversary shows, but it seems like he was talking about Gaslight in general towards the end of the run.

Pepetito likes this.
  14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Perhaps I read the article incorrectly, but I definitely took it to mean that he was saying that both the original tours for American Slang & Handwritten were not fun at all and also that he found the 59 Sound Reunion string of shows to be stressful and not enjoyable as well, albeit for slightly different reasons. He mentions the press as a reason for not enjoying the original tours and then he mentions his head being in a totally different place musically speaking yet he's going back and playing these songs from earlier in his career as the reason that the recent run of shows was less than enjoyable for him. I got him saying both of those things from the article and the quotes but I do think there is a chance I misread the whole thing.

Barresi likes this.
  15. xdisplaced

Newbie Supporter

I Don't Mind(If I'm With You) is up on Spotify in Australia. It’s probably my favourite of the songs released so far.

BackyardHero11 and Brother Beck like this.
  16. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit. Wow. I cannot wait to listen to this album in it's entirety. Granted, I am a huge fucking fan of his so I am biased, but I feel like his voice is so perfectly suited to this type of music.

This album is going to be special.

xdisplaced likes this.
  18. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Sounds like a re-write of She Loves You. Still good nonetheless but it doesn't bring anything new to the table.

DyingGaslight likes this.
  19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Well, that’s my least favorite song released so far.

20. Breath

Regular

I've lost all interest in Brian Fallon.

:tear:

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This song is extremely my shit

22. prattsy

Regular

I used to have an awesome Gaslight playlist which was just a copy of their setlist when I saw them in Toronto. Blue Dahlia was on it and before they played it live, Brian said something along the lines of "When we're caught up in the recording process, sometimes we make mistakes with our own art. We made a mistake with this one. It should've been on the original track listing" and then they went right in to it. Was such a great moment.

Brother Beck and DyingGaslight like this.
  23. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I'll look forward to listening to this song and 21 Days (and the others) in 5 weeks!

AshlandATeam likes this.
  24. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Blue Daliha was one of the songs that helped "click" Fallon / Gaslight for my best friend. Such an underrated song.

25. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

You're not completely wrong but it's still awesome nonetheless. I'm really digging the more cinematic vibes he's going for than his previous solo efforts.

Barresi likes this.