Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon Is Just Getting Comfortable

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Lauren O’Neill, writing at Noisey, sits down with Brian Fallon:

He was conscious, he seems keen to say, of the expectation that weighs on an artist making their second album: “When you do a second record, you have to sort of firm up what you’re gonna do. You’ve gotta be like, ‘Am I doing this kind of music? Or am I doing this kind of music?’” He explains further: “The first record that people do, you get a little leeway. You get like, ‘Oh! He tried some weird stuff, that’s cool.’ But then with the next one they’ve expected you to figure it out.”

2. Furman

Seeing him tonight in ATL!! Can’t wait. Love both albums!

Larry David likes this.
  3. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Awesome interview. Interesting to hear he spends a lot of time in England. Until this album I never actually knew he had a kid.

4. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Can't wait to see him in Austin Friday. Haven't been able to see any incarnations of him or his projects since i've moved here.

5. DearCory

Regular

Saw him last night... an excellent show (duh) and he is charming as ever

6. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Excited to see him in Philly next month, as well as the openers on this tour. He always brings quality acts on the road with him. I saw him 3 times in 2016- First time I saw him, he brought Cory Branan then a couple months later he brought Austin Plaine and Jared Hart also did a solo set too, then in August that year he headlined a block party in Lancaster, Pa where Good Old War and The Districts opened for him.

7. Stevie

Regular

Guy can do no wrong.. I think if I was pushed I prefer Painkillers but Sleepwalkers is so great too. I prefer the Americana sound to the 60's Brit Pop sound but he's just proving how much of a great songwriter he is by continuing to grow.