Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon Cancels 2021 Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

God dammit.

I feel the most for musicians who put out incredible work just prior to or at the beginning of the pandemic and have never had their songs heard in person yet. I think about him and Spanish Love Songs, in particular.

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Totally agreed. I listened to a lot of Brian, Spanish Love Songs and Hot Mulligan releases and wish those bands got a fair shot.

4. AMC

Regular

Does he give a reason?

5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like it’s the same reason the last year has been cancelled.

summertimejesus and Pepetito like this.
  6. Covid, I'd assume. It was a spring tour, right? We're just nowhere near close enough to concerts yet. Hoping for a Fall 2021 tour being feasible.

summertimejesus likes this.
  7. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I live in a fairly blue state, in a city with pretty good if not great masking compliance and healthcare facilities, and you won’t get me in a show until 2022. And I might just wear a mask in them for the next year. Or forever. I’ve got a wife with severe breathing issues that have made outside life impossible for us this year.

I went to 42 shows in 2019. I was seeing Motion City Soundtrack 3 nights in a row before the pandemic hit a few weeks later. And now we will all have lost nearly two years of community that concerts bring.

The death and suffering are the largest losses of the pandemic. But I would put the losses of community and joyful events right behind those.

summertimejesus likes this.
  8. cricketandclover Feb 24, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2021)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

??????

There's a pandemic.

9. AMC

Regular

I just read in the post that he's still doing the UK tour. So ok.

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe it’s just not been decided because of time line and the chance for more vaccine role outs. No point in making an announcement yet about those dates. Just a guess. It’s not like the UK is up and back to normal.

11. AMC

Regular

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder where he is at....do you try to get some full touring support in for Local Honey for a year or two where you can or or you start working on some new music play ply shows during gaps? Having an album drop when things are shutting down last year must have been tough. Especially since he’s doing it in his own now. His Sittin Around at Home episodes were something to look forward to when everything was shutting down and getting dark.