Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brian Fallon’s Great Expectations

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brian Fallon sat down with Track 7 to talk about his upcoming album, The Gaslight Anthem, and his past, present, and future:

“Whenever someone mentions a record, that’s when I step away. And the reason for that is because right now, I can’t see what a new Gaslight record would sound like. When you take the records that we’ve done that I’m very proud of – and I’m proud of all of them, even the later ones – I don’t know what I would add to that right now.”

AshlandATeam likes this.
  2. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Fair enough. Glad they're doing some touring and Brian's still making music. They'll be back when they're ready.

3. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Article not loading for me for some reason.

The quote sums up how I feel about Gaslight at the moment. They will be back when they feel the need to be. Good to see them all keeping busy doing different things.

Looking forward to Sleepwalkers coming out now.

4. grimis16

Regular

"I'm proud of all of them, even the later ones". Does he refer to the oldest albums (Sink or Swim), or later like in their career, so the newer albums?

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

What do you think "all of them" means? :scream:

6. grimis16

Regular

Yeah but it sounds like a slight on the later ones. EVEN the later ones, like they aren't seen as good but he personally is proud of them.

7. clucky

Trusted Supporter

It's an admission of fact. Not everyone likes the later stuff as much. Brian still does though.