Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brendon Urie Lays It All Out

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Beatrice Hazlehurst, writing at Paper:

No. I’m married to a woman and I’m very much in love with her but I’m not opposed to a man because to me, I like a person. Yeah I guess you could qualify me as pansexual because I really don’t care. If a person is great, then a person is great. I just like good people, if your heart’s in the right place. I’m definitely attracted to men. It’s just people that I am attracted to.

So you’re pansexual.

I guess so, I guess this is me coming out as pansexual.

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

I like that Brendon stands up for things he's passionate about. Sometimes though, the way he says things makes me *facepalm* a little.

Brent likes this.
  3. Iamhollywood315

Regular

I never even heard this term before last year. Not everyone’s up to speed on these new age millennial terms

Brent likes this.
  4. It originated with Sigmund Freud in the 1900s. The prefix "pan" is ancient greek.

5. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I'm familiar with the term and definition, but I still always think of Peter Pan when I hear it.

[​IMG]

6. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

You could probably just google it instead of making a dumb post like this.

7. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I learned the word from the dean on Community.

Allhailburnzy and Jonathan like this.
  8. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Your not wrong but let’s be honest this term wasn’t thrown around much back in the day as it is now a days.

“However the modern usage of “pansexual” has very little to do with Freud’s definition or his psycho-sexuality theories.”

“This is somewhat confirmed by looking at Google Trends data, which shows that an internet presence for “pansexuality” began in September 2007”

Pansexuality 101: It’s More Than ‘Just Another Letter’ - Everyday Feminism

We both read the same article you just skewed it to favor your argument.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

there's only an "argument" because you made one out of literally nothing lol

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Brendon could so easily be a massive douche so it's always so refreshing to be reminded how cool of a guy he is

11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I get what he's trying to say about the Roseanne situation, but I agree he's not expressing it very well. NFL players are standing up for a cause they believe in. Roseanne is just a racist, garbage person. Their two scenarios, although on the surface both falling under "free speech", are not at all the same.

12. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

There's nothing "new age" or "millennial" about these terms.

Also, are you suggesting we should avoid using certain words because you can't understand them?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Pooch

Regular

Peter Pansexual will get you Chris Hansened

Jonathan and SuNDaYSTaR like this.