Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brendon Urie Has to Stop Coming Out to Fans After Show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco will no longer be coming to the stage door after Kinky Boots performances after being mobbed by fans who, apparently, think it’s cool to scream in his face.

Hey I love y'all. But I can't keep coming out to stage door when you scream in my face and don't listen. So I'm done hope to see y'all later

— Brendon Urie (@brendonurie) July 30, 2017

2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Holy fuck people are ridiculous. This is so upsetting because he's already had to move because of nutjob "fans".

Raku, NewSurrender, CMilliken and 7 others like this.
  3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Hasn't Urie ever heard of just.....

closing the god damn door? No?

4. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Good for him. There is a line when it comes to celebrity interaction and there have been too many stories lately of them being crossed. He needs to do what is best for his mental health. He doesn't owe anybody anything.

Raku and NewSurrender like this.
  5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The amount of "feminists" I used to know that would talk about basically sexually assaulting him if they got the chance is staggering.

Raku likes this.
  6. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Read the headline and thought that Brendon had been telling fans that he was gay after the show, but now hes being forced to stop.

Real story is also ridiculous.

7. Lucas27

Trusted

I thought this exact same thing. Hahaha.

Former Planets likes this.
  8. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

"We get it, Brendon! You don't have to tell us all individually."

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This is so ridiculous

Raku likes this.
  10. Tbh I can't believe it took him this long haha. Props to him for that. The Maine is a great example of a band that has taken the time to greet every single fan after shows since day 1, and even in their early days they would get absolutely mobbed by uncontrollable fans, and it got even worse when they would play outside the states. I can't even imagine the kind of shit a legitimate, full on celebrity like Brendon goes through.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah, The Maine need security in places like Brazil and Portugal i believe. It's so crazy to me because most of my friends have never heard of them.

12. CyberInferno Jul 31, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2017)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

What's crazy to me is that I saw Hugh Jackman after a Broadway play about 10 years ago. He was out back just taking pictures and signing stuff for people. No issues whatsoever. Shame shitty fans have to ruin good things for everyone

EDIT: That was actually the same night I met John Kerry (somewhat awkwardly-long handshake) who was campaigning for president, so I guess it was more than 10 years ago lol.

13. midnightxtaylor Jul 31, 2017
    midnightxtaylor

Regular

There have been several times when I've just been having a conversation with someone in a band and people just push me out of the way like I wasn't even there, practically shrieking, to get to them. Even when I was a teenager, I could never imagine screaming in someones face because I was so excited.

Oh, and I was once bitten by a girl who was trying to get closer to Hayley Williams. Yeah, that was a shock.

Kingjohn_654 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  14. Kiana Jul 31, 2017
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I had no chill as a teenager, like less than I like to admit, but I also had some shame luckily lol. I was more a screaming in my room or in the car from like afar. I'd have been mortified if my faves had witnessed me doing it lol

15. fbrrocks

Trusted

this is just a bit too much. i like meeting celebs and what not but i never go this crazy when meeting someone i would never scream at someone. the closest i got to gray was meeting jojo last year cuz at a radio m&g i gave her a great big hug cuz she a celeb crush of mine and i was waiting forever to meet her, plus i wanted a hugging pic its wasn't as bad as it sounds and she was really nice and everything.