Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Breaking Benjamin / Wilson Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Dec 1, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Dec 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

1/10 - Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore
    1/11 - Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
    1/13 - Greensboro, NC @ Cone Denim Entertainment Center
    1/14 - North Myrtle Beach, SC @ House of Blues
    1/15 - Orlandlo, FL @ House of Blues
    1/16-1/20 - Miami, FL @ ShipRocked
    1/21 - Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore
    1/23 - Atlanta, GA @ The Tabernacle
    1/24 - Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
    1/25 - Louisville, KY @ Mercury Ballroom
    1/27 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
    1/28 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

3. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Here's a bit of advice to see Breaking Benjamin live: see them after an off date. Ben has completely destroyed his voice and he's relying on Aaron and Keith to back him up. I don't know how he's going to pull off all these dates in a row.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Wilson is the opener.

5. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I think I may wait and go to the last NC date even with it being the furthest distance to drive because I want to know how consistent the setlist is by then.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This started today.

7. heymattrick

Sending my love

Breaking Benjamin has been advertising what looks to be a new single being released this Friday. I wonder if they have a whole album ready also.

8. Behind the Barricade

It's the Never Again video.

9. Behind the Barricade

Just looked at the setlist. It's the same one as last year's tour.

10. heymattrick

Sending my love

Whoops didn't realize it was a song on DBD. I didn't get into this new album as much. Their setlist immediately post-hiatus was great, now it's starting to get stale. They've only come here on co-headlining tours so hopefully we can get a full fledged show from them in CO this year.

11. Behind the Barricade

Just make sure it's either during the start of the tour or after an off-date. I can't stress that enough.

12. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

The set is not even close to the same. They are playing Skin, a song they haven't played in a very long time. I was holding out hope for that. Also they changed up Never Again over Believe and the order in the middle.

So Cold
    Angels Fall
    Sooner or Later
    Blow Me Away
    Simple Design
    The Imperial March / Bulls on Parade / Smells Like Teen Spirit / Walk / Sad But True
    Polyamorous
    Ashes of Eden
    Skin
    Never Again
    Breath
    Evil Angel
    Failure
    Until the End
    I Will Not Bow
    The Diary of Jane

13. heymattrick

Sending my love

Skin?! Holy cow...they really haven't played that in forever.

Jonny Sniper likes this.
  14. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Also almost all of the dates seem to be sold out. This was not the case before Christmas. Hopefully stubhub has one I can snag when the day comes that isn't too pricey.

15. Behind the Barricade

This is the setlist for their 10/23 show in Milwaukee:

1. So Cold
    2. Angels Fall
    3. Sooner or Later
    4. Blow Me Away
    5. Simple Design
    6. The Imperial March / Schism / Smells Like Teen Spirit / For Whom the Bell Tolls / Walk
    7. Polyamorous
    8. Give Me a Sign
    9. Ashes of Eden
    10. Believe
    11. Breath
    12. Evil Angel
    13. Failure
    14. Until the End
    15. I Will Not Bow
    16. The Diary of Jane
    This lineup has 14 similar songs out of 16. Most of the songs are in similar order too.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

17. heymattrick

Sending my love

So does anyone know if they actually played Skin or not? Setlist.fm only has it on the first night of the tour, and it's Believe every other night which is what they had been playing all last year too. I don't think it actually happened... Kind of an obscure choice to bring back and only play once.

18. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

That's the same question I had for my friend who went the first night and he could not confirm. If I end up going, my last chance to go is Tuesday.

19. Davjs

Trusted

I remember reading that Ben hates playing Skin and there are videos from when that song was single of them playing just the music while the audience sung it because "he can't stand to sing it but he knows they want to hear it". I can't see them bringing it back, but if they did just one night makes sense lol.

Out of all the great songs they have, having a this section in their set:
    Never Again
    Breath
    Evil Angel
    Failure
    Until the End

would bore me to death.

20. Davjs

Trusted

Video of him making the audience sing. While searching I did see multiple videos from different shows of them playing it recently and he is singing in that, so there's that. Time gave him a change of heart