Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Breaking Bad (AMC) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. kbeef2 Feb 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2019)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Cameron likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I honestly like it being on that platform more than the movie theaters. Watching BB in the theaters would be weird.

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just leave the show alone.

Davjs likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This is so unnecessary

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I trust Gilligan.

astereo, Cameron, Shrek and 2 others like this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i can’t believe how many are against the idea of this. if BCS didn’t make you a believer by matching and sometimes exceeding the emotional depth of Breaking Bad, i don’t even know. Gilligan probably has a killer idea and endgame for this that we will all be drooling over when it’s here.

oldjersey, kupe, Cameron and 2 others like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven't watched all of BCS, just the first season, because I didn't think the story was worth a spin off. I've heard it's great, but where could the BrBa story go after the finale? Any ideas of what could happen next are completely not interesting to me.

8. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Gilligan has earned my trust with how good BCS is. As long as the story adds something to the existing narrative, I'm on board. And of course, there's a chance it could tie in to Jimmy/Saul/Gene's story, too.

oldjersey and Shrek like this.
  9. Shrek

Jesse is a tortured soul and who at the end of Breaking Bad ripped off the bandaid of years of emotional torture and manipulation and personal demons. we don’t know if the police caught up to him, what his acceptance of what happened has been like, any of that.

i think people are concerned it won’t match the excitement and tension of Breaking Bad, but i don’t think it even needs to try. a somber analysis of Pinkman as a person dealing with what he and Walt had done and trying to figure out if he can just be a person again sounds absolutely worth my time

10. Shrek

like, if a Jesse Pinkman series were announced, i’d have my skepticism i’m sure. but i totally trust that Gilligan has a fantastic epilogue in him.

oldjersey and Argus like this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, that's just where we disagree. I don't think there's much more there to go into with Jesse that wouldn't be a retread of what we've already seen.

12. Shrek

curious, what do you think would be a retread? Jesse is out of the game with virtually nothing in the world to go back to. if he hasn’t been brought in, he will be living in constant fear of that or of other cartel affiliates knocking him off, probably simultaneously lamenting and mourning Walt

idk i’m picturing a Rectify kind of tone for this in my head and am all sorts of down

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think the character/Gilligan is capable of writing something nuanced like Rectify and I think we've already seen every different form of a character/person like Jesse in the show already.

Regardless, it's whatever, I don't really care that much, I might even check it out if it's just one movie or something. I just don't think the characters are worth the time. I'd rather him move on to something completely new.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This is not something I want, but I'll be damned if I don't see it.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

If the Walking Dead movie with Rick flops, you think they'll still go through with this?

16. Shrek

i do, yes. way different markets and expectations in place for each.

Cameron likes this.
  17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Is that even close to starting production? I don't follow anything TWD close enough to even know but it seems like this will be first.

But if Rick came first and flopped, I doubt it would affect what Vince has done.

18. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not following up on it either, I just heard that was the plan. Seems like they want to get into doing movies though from both of these announcements. I just wonder how big of an audience they have for movie spin offs, and if one fails do they keep doing them or will it be like the Universal Dark Universe and DCEU where they announce way too much only to get them pulled lol.

19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This is already filming and I don’t think the Rick movie is anywhere near production.

Davjs likes this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Big difference between TWD & Breaking Bad in that TWD is on going so a movie is really a spin-off rather than a continuation/sequel, and also from what I hear TWD has really fallen off in quality, whereas Breaking Bad was beloved all the way through. And if you put it on Netflix, who is not going to watch the Breaking Bad movie if they have seen the show?

slimfenix182 and Davjs like this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think this will be good, I truly don't believe they would do it if they weren't very confident in their ability to pull it off.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  22. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i trust vince. this is gonna be awesome

23. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Cannot wait for the Breaking Bad Cinematic Universe!!!

Nah but for real this will be good

24. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

There’s major potential to tie this to Saul.

kupe likes this.
  25. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

A huge part of what's made BCS work is that the character of Jimmy McGill has a lot more to him than what we saw on BB. I think in order for this film to succeed, Gilligan needs to expand Jesse's character in a similar fashion. Maybe he goes to study air traffic control with Donald Margolis?