Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Breaking Bad (AMC) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I can't be the first to compare Shield to The Wire and BB. Give it a shot and no thanks needed. Hulu has it all. Probably my favorite ending to any show ever. Remember the ep of BB where Hank died and how tense it was? That's the whole last two seasons of Shield.

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

What?!? And it's on Hulu? I'll be back in a few weeks!

3. Morrissey

Trusted

The Shield is really rough at first, but its last three seasons rival any other great television show. The last half of the last season is genuinely thrilling and it is the kind of ending that should please anyone watching.

dadbolt, CarpetElf and Davjs like this.
  4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

When does it start to pick up? Just so I don't lose interest too soon

5. Morrissey

Trusted

The first three seasons are still good, but there is a character named Aceveda who serves as the captain of the precinct and his conflict with Mackey is really uninteresting. The first few seasons don't do a great job of building up the characters. The show started off as a trashy dirty cop show; the first episode even has a Kid Rock song. However, with the fourth season, the characters become really complex, and season five is when the conflict becomes intense. I would still say watch the first few seasons, but its second half is the real reason it is so acclaimed.

6. Davjs

Trusted

I actually agree with Morrissey finally! Well, mostly. I don't think the first 3 seasons are really rough, just not as good at the later seasons. It's still entraining and well done, but mostly just character building and development for when stuff hits the fan in season 4 you really know and care about all the characters. Then its a ride from 4 to season 7 :-)

7. Davjs

Trusted

What happens in the very first episode is what drives the whole series and comes around, I'd say you can't miss any episode. There isn't really a bad or boring episode, you should be fine.

truelovewaits likes this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

I can't unequivocally recommend someone watch a show with a Kid Rock song in it. It can be gotten past, though.

dadbolt and CarpetElf like this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

This is my all time favorite show and I don't remember that lol. Nothing in life is perfect though, if a Kid Rock song is the worst crime of this show I'll take it.

............now you are going to make me to go look for it and I'll start a series watch again and damn it, I don't have time for another series!

10. Morrissey

Trusted

It is the first episode.

I watched the show twice. My second viewing was less than a year after the first. The first time I stayed up all night to finish the show and went to work exhausted. I kept falling asleep on the road.

Davjs likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Have never watched this show before, but finally last night I watched the first two episodes. This is going to be a long and crazy road/story, haha....

12. Wish I could relive watching this for the first time

RJ Knorr and Ken like this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Enjoy it. Such a thrill ride.

beachdude42, Ken and Ferrari333SP like this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Share your thoughts as you go!

15. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Buckle up.

16. fronkensteen

Trusted

My buddy just finished this show for the first time a couple weeks ago and he didn't know any spoilers.

It was fun talking to him each week and see where he was in it!

beachdude42, kidwithhelmet and Ken like this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

4 year anni of the disappointing finale!

18. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

What did people wanna see happen in the Finale? I liked it.

19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

yeah I thought the finale was pretty solid. The whole last season was excellent.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I loved the finale.

beachdude42 and Ken like this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

No issues with the finale.

beachdude42, popdisaster00 and Ken like this.
  22. Agreed, loved it the ending. Not sure what else could have happened either

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Granted I haven't watched it since and my feelings are nowhere near as strong as they were immediately after the finale, I found it way too "neat" for such a messed up, messy show. Felt like something out of a big budget hollywood film's finale. Walt also basically got redemption which is fucked up and not how I wanted him to go out

cwhit likes this.
  24. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Finale was flawless

beachdude42 and Why Bother? like this.
  25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

He really didn’t get redemption though? He saved Jesse and took out the Neo-Nazis, but he still lost everything - including his life.