Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Breaking Bad (AMC) TV Show • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

lol....AMC sucks sometimes man. I mean obviously more budget wouldn't save TWD from it's writing woes but these shows were raking in the money, let them spend it!

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I love bottle episodes.

3. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Bottle episodes are not an AMC thing (tho AMC is notoriously shitty in how they treat their shows)

4 Days Out was supposed to be a bottle episode but it ended up being one if their most expensive episodes

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Totally agree, I love that episode

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also pretty pissed about the death in S5Ep7 (didn’t feel like doing spoiler tags lol). Sucks.

6. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The angriest i’ve ever been at this show.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Well we watched the mid season finale and mid season premier.

I mean I knew something was going to happen since the flash forward at the start of the season showed us Walt is not in great shape, to say the least. But I didn’t expect that to be the twist to screw it up once he finally got out. If I was watching live I would have been so pissed (in a good way) at that cliffhanger lol.

Didn’t expect them to confront each other so soon. And finally saw the tread lightly line. Whew. So much tension.

I just don’t get Walt’s play here. Hank still had nothing to go on but the book. All he had to do was let the tracker stay and show Hank that he isn’t going anywhere and if Hank ever confronted him about knowing Gale, it seems like the obvious lie is to say he had helped Gale out with some chemical questions but realized when Hank was telling him what Gale was into that he had inadvertently helped Gale make crystal meth so he froze up/was scared to admit it.

I mean obviously his toxic masculinity/attitude wouldnt let him do that but...seems like the best play to me.

JM95, chewbacca110 and SpyKi like this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

soggytime, CarpetElf, David87 and 2 others like this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

One of my favourite decisions the writers made in the whole series. I really thought the confrontation was going to be avoided, and there'd be a cat and mouse game between Hank and Walt over the majority of the final run in. To have the confrontation in the first episode back was in some ways a very brave decision. Plus, I really like the fact that it's Walt that instigates it, with a sort of reverse-Columbo.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ohhhhh shit. The nazis showed up and got into a shootout with hank and gomey.

assuming gomey is gonna die and either hank or Jesse too. Shit.

JM95 and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Goddamn, even I couldn't escape the hype of Ozymandias when it was released and I literally never watched a second of the show at the time. I can see why now. Just a brilliant episode in every way. And really fucking hard to watch between what happens at the start and Walt's play at the end. Ugh.

I think I'm supposed to hate Walt for everything he's wrought but...is it weird that I don't? I mean there's two episodes left so who knows what's gonna happen but as of right now he....did the unselfish thing at the end with Skyler and making sure she's exonerated and the kids have their mom. I'm wondering if that was his play the entire time with swiping Holly, knowing it would bring cops and traced calls and etc.

On the other hand, he completely fucked Jesse. And did it as fucking evilly as possible with telling him about Jane. Fuck man. BUT the flash forward we saw at the start with him coming back with a machine gun and getting the ricin, I'm guessing that has something to do with Jesse. Not sure if he's going on a rescue mission or Jesse got a way and is a threat thoigh.

Semi-related, if you're gonna disappear somewhere, New Hampshire definitely works. A bald white guy with a goatee will fit in just fine in New Hampshire lol.

SpyKi, JM95, RyanPm40 and 1 other person like this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Was waiting for the Ozymandias review haha. That is one of the tensest and most fucked up hours of television. Just thinking about it makes me sweat.

13. SpyKi

I remember just being floored by that episode. Its got a good case for being my favourite episode of anything.

Helloelloallo and TSLROCKS like this.
  14. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Naaaahhhh, Walt is still a selfish prick, he could have turned himself in and saved his family so much trouble.

Episode is fantastic though, agreed there 100%

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

tbf, he tried to turn himself in to Hank and the nazis fucked it up lol.

I think once that went down, he didn’t seem to think there was any way that just turning himself in was going to spare Skyler from any legal trouble. His initial reaction was “we need to run” but once he saw that he finally pushed Skyler over the limit and he had time to think about it, he realized the best play was to try and find a way to absolve her of any legal trouble and disappear.

It doesn’t absolve him of blame for, well, all the actions he’s taken that forced his family into the situation in the first place of course. But I liked that the episode showed how hard it was hitting him as he tried to do the next best thing he could do before leaving his kids forever.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  16. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Yeaaaaah, naaaaaahhh... he didn't try to turn himself in to Hank - he got caught in a ploy by Hank & Jesse, and rather than kill himself or come out shooting, he gave up. It's nowhere near the same as turning himself in, and really only shows how selfish and self-centered he was, right up to the end of it all.

He wouldn't have been *anywhere* near Hank if they hadn't tricked him into thinking Jesse was burning his money. It was all reaction when his hand was forced.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

a nice person and Orla like this.
  18. Morrissey

Trusted

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Lol loving all the $600 memes

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

E3D47139-FA85-4301-82D4-C5F7E8154C4D.jpeg

21. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Breaking Bad was never boring

22. SpyKi

Yeah ill never understand those people, the first season is one of the most immediately gripping I've ever seen.

5Stories, soggytime and JM95 like this.
  23. JM95

Trusted

Yeah I think when people rewatch the show they're subconsciously waiting for the Gus storyline to start and they mistakenly think it was a bit dull before then.

The only thing 'wrong' with the first season is that, because of the famous writer's strike, it doesn't have the big crescendo end that the other seasons have. There are some fantastic episodes in that run - the pilot, And The Bag Is In The River, Gray Matter.

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The first three episodes of Breaking Bad are bonkers. Insane take.

SpyKi likes this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I know three people personally who call the first season boring.

How.

SpyKi likes this.