Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Breaking Bad (AMC) TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I really would suggest never watching it, especially if you like Queen and know anything about Freddie... it's so bad.

Maybe I'll jump into Mr Robot next, I should just give it a shot.

2. irthesteve

I mean, it was truly an embarrasment. To be fair, he probably did exactly what he was directed to do.... but I felt like I was watching "Edward Scissorhands as Freddie Mercury," it was just honestly such a weird caricature of who that human was.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeahh I definitely have not heard good things about that film either, I don't plan to ever see it :-p

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Rami is solid in other stuff but I feel like he was made for Mr Robot.

Will never watch the Queen movie.

soggytime, Serh and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. irthesteve

I was looking through his filmography and it turns out that's the only thing I have seen him in, so yeah I definitely have a skewed view ha

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I stopped watching mr robot halfway through the second season and really have no desire to finish it.

7. irthesteve

I've also heard more than a few accounts like that of people who gave up somewhere in the second season

8. RyanPm40

Yeah, it was slow waiting week-to-week because they were building up to a lot, but I'd say even the back half of season 2 picks up a ton

9. Pseudo!

Regular

I dont blame people for quitting Mr. Robot during the second season, some of the cliff hangers were pretty annoying, I remember a character chilling in their house when there's a knock on the door, they open it and make a shocked face...then we had to wait until the next episode revealed that it was nothing and no one of consequence lol things like that really tried my patience with the show. Still I think the show is worth finishing for the series finale alone, such a beautiful ending.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Honestly I did the same thing when it was airing but went through the whole thing after it finished because I heard such good things about it and really can't recommend it enough. It just gets better and better from there.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We got to the episode where Walt blows Gus up and holy shit. Even a bigger holy shit at the reveal at the end. Fucked up.

12. RyanPm40

And to think that some people in here hated it!

13. soggytime

Trusted

The highs of Breaking Bad is still to this day some of the best television viewing experiences I've ever had - watching those final 8 episodes in real time week to week was a wild ride. The last couple episodes (Ozymandias in particular) had my roommates and I standing the entire hour - the commercial breaks felt like a much needed tension killer.

However, as a whole, I'd still rank The Sopranos above it as the greatest drama series of all time.

Since BB's ending, there have been some really incredible shows (besides Better Call Saul obviously): Fargo, The Leftovers, Mr. Robot, Watchmen, Barry, and Succession (which for my money has some of the best comedy writing on tv outside of What We Do in the Shadows)

14. soggytime

Trusted

I love Rami Malek - he's incredible on Mr. Robot, I'm excited for his villain turn in No Time to Die, but Bohemian Rhapsody is such a god awful film on so many levels (including the studio's decision to hire THAT GUY to direct originally).

A lot of my family that grew up with Queen loved it however - I was the crazy one for saying it was bad.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

Yeah my fiance's parents are massive fans of Queen and saw them a few times. They loved the movie. Haven't heard good things from anyone else

16. JM95

Trusted

I thought Queen obsessives were the people who hated the film. So much of the drama was completely made up.

17. irthesteve

depends on the fans, I am very much a Queen fan and hated it for that reason and more

JM95 likes this.
  18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

idk the first season of Mr Robot made it feel kinda edgelord to me when it came out. I didn’t persist with it.

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Mr. Robot is incredible and only gets better as it goes. Seasons 3 and 4 are some of the best TV I’ve ever seen

20. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

one of the best shows of the decade easily

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We finally have seen these two scenes over the last few nights

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JM95 and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Been trying to go back in the first pages of hte thread while avoiding spoilers, wanted to say:

As someone who has watched The Walking Dead, "Fly" to me felt like a classic AMC episode where they were trying to save money by having as few actors in it as possible. Kind of a "filler" episode of sorts. I didn't hate it or anything, but it just felt like quintessential AMC lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. RyanPm40

Vince Gilligan admitted that actually lol they burned through their budget, so they made a bottle episode

David87 likes this.
  24. [​IMG]

chewbacca110 and David87 like this.
  25. doesn’t make it any less quality!!

RyanPm40 and David87 like this.