Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Breaking Bad (AMC) TV Show • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

That’s where I left off, but I should probably try again.

2. zmtr

Trusted

Honestly it took me a couple years to make it through BB’s first season as well. Ended up being super rewarding tho

3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

honestly I'm of the opinion that anyone who made it through the middle two seasons of BB can also make it through a slow (but still well-written) half-season of BCS

4. Morrissey

Trusted

The problem with Breaking Bad was always the lack of three-dimensional characters. Walter was great, and Saul and Mike grew into interesting characters as the show went on, but the rest of the characters never felt real. Centering a movie around Jesse, who we were expected to empathize with but seemed to have no internal motivations of his own, is going to be hard to pull off. His friends were funny in the way one-note characters can be funny, but that is also hard to stretch into two hours.

5. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Come on, you guys know this is gonna be great. It’s coming from Vince himself. After a phenomenal run for 5 seasons (6 if you’re one of those people) plus an ongoing outstanding show in BCS, you just know you can trust the guy. I can’t fucking wait for this, I’ll be the one setting my alarm for early am on the 11th for a screening before work.

Ken, Cameron, I Am Mick and 2 others like this.
  6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Hard agree. BCS is the best show on television at present.

Rowan5215 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I can't believe anyone would doubt Vince at this point

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yup I ain't doubting him at all. He wouldn't make it if it were sub par.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So hyped, BUT Netflix movies are usually bad

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lol but what is comparable that has been released already??

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. owenlongsworth

Regular

I feel like this movie is going to have only 2 reactions: People will say it was genius and even better than the show, or that it adds nothing, wasn’t needed, and should have been left alone.

12. Rowan5215

y'all it's ok to have healthy doubts about something while still being excited to see it and loving the work of the person/people who made it. overhyping everything to the point of blindness doesn't always pay off

Dirty Sanchez, Zilla, Cameron and 2 others like this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yep

Dirty Sanchez and Rowan5215 like this.
  14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Nobody here is overhyping anything.They're just saying have some faith in the dude who created this world and has a literal perfect track record to not make a needlessly shitty continuation to a franchise we all love.

Dirty Sanchez and slimfenix182 like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

To be clear I love Vince and BCS. Was just stating the obvious that a lot of Netflix movies even with great directors/writers turn out bad. Still very excited for whatever this is

16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah you can say you have faith that Vince did right by the show’s legacy without it being overhyping the movie. Also a lot of Netflix movies aren’t extensions of a beloved television series written and directed by the creator of said series. This isn’t exactly the typical Netflix movie we’re talking about here.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Also correct yes

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

With Vince at the helm it will be his vision so I’m sure it’s gonna be great

19. Awesome that this is happening. I definitely need to get on BCS finally

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Let's not get on people for not being 1000% on board with this movie. Not everyone loved how BB wrapped up (I loved it, but I had some small issues here and there)

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

In reference to what? Netflix movies or Vince Giligan shows??

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dirty Sanchez and Anthony_ like this.
  23. Rowan5215

well see, your invocation of his "literal perfect track record" is kind of what I mean when I say overhyping. I think Vince is a deeply talented writer, a natural showrunner with an unusually clear vision of what he wants, and a very good director. none of that means he's unimpeachable or that he doesn't have his flaws, like literally every other creative does. it's just about where his strengths lie and how those strengths were perfectly calibrated to give us something like Breaking Bad in the first place

24. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

It’s Vince Gilligan, who we all trust.
    It’s that same trust that filmgoers have with such writer/directors as a Christopher Nolan - you just board the hype train knowing damn well you’re coming out satisfied & happy in the end

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hes not creating something new, hes extending another couple hours of story to a world and characters we all love a ton. He's not gonna mess this up, there is not a chance.