Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Breaking Bad (AMC) TV Show • Page 10

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The problem with comparing BCS to what this could be is that BCS fleshed out the beginnings of a character we hardly knew at all. We've already got 5 seasons of Jesse fleshed out and ending on a high note. Why add onto that?

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I wouldn't say he ended on a high note? He's likely a wanted man, physically and mentally/emotionally broken with nothing left. His BB ending is a fucking bummer

Shrek likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I meant that he got away from all the people who were holding him captive and/or wanted him dead.

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

There’s a definite gray area when it comes to Jesse and Saul having happy endings. The end of BCS and the BB movie could bridge the gaps or connect their stories.

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

My main point was that comparing a prequel about an largely unknown character is different than a sequel movie for a character we've watched in detail for five seasons.

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I’ve always found it extremely unsatisfying that Breaking Bad puts Jesse through hell the last couple episodes just to go “and then he probably gets away to Alaska or whatever bye”. He has a great arc seasons 1-4 and then season 5 doesn’t seem to know what to do with him. IMO there’s plenty of room here to put a better cap on his arc and hopefully set something up for BCS in the process.

7. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I guess my personal optimism about this movies stems mostly from the fact that I wasn't crazy about the idea of BCS at first either. But you're right in that Saul was much more of a blank slate outside of BB than Jesse is.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Jesse will clearly run a Cinnabon of his own and meet up with Saul at a company getaway where they will realize how much they miss cooking and laundering

chewbacca110, oldjersey and I Am Mick like this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Or he starts up a competing cinnamon bun business in the same mall and hijinx ensue

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

None of yall even mentioned a Walt Jr storyline yet, c'mon now.

slimfenix182 and Davjs like this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Haha but yeah for real if Vince didn't come up with something he 100% thought was worth doing, I don't think he would do it.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

Him trying for an hour to get the pizza off the roof. That's the action block buster I need to see.

oldjersey and slimfenix182 like this.
  13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I wonder if he got to keep his Dodge Challenger

Davjs likes this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope!

Davjs likes this.
  15. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I thought about it. He's one of the few BB characters who could pop up, as most of them are dead. My ideal story post-BB would've been a Todd/Lydia romcom, but that's obviously not happening.

oldjersey likes this.
  16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Skinny Pete and Badger still reppin!!!

jorbjorb and Davjs like this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

They’re gonna be killed in this to save Jesse.

18. Yes! This has always been my main gripe about the last few episodes. Such a bummer, and never felt satisfying to me.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What else didn't you like about the last season? Not here to argue of course, we are all entitled to our opinion, just am curious!!

20. JM95

Trusted

A nicely rounded-off ending for anyone, even Jesse, would have been trite.

The scene in the last episode with Jesse imagining himself making the wooden box shows his loss of affection for the meth and the lack of pride he now had in it, and his longing to instead make something simple and worthwhile. It's a display of remorse that contrasts with Walt's brazen ego and selfishness. He has to go through all the shit he goes through late on to really show the consequences of his mistakes and push him to the point of that simple longing. It's brutal - I still think Andrea's murder is the bleakest bit of television I've ever seen - but I think it fits the story's purpose. No one can really have a truly satisfying end in Breaking Bad; it just doesn't work for the through-line of the show. But I think the hope at the end that Jesse redeems himself in some way works perfectly.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  21. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Andrea's murder was gut-wrenching. I've never had a problem with Jesse's endgame in the show but I am definitely in on a movie that explores that as he did get the short end of the stick. Him fleeing the compound just always seemed like he would never find peace anyways, you know since he was a notorious meth cook and all.

slimfenix182 and JM95 like this.
  22. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Idk, Walt going out in a blaze of glory after getting revenge on those who wronged him, saving his surrogate son, and finally admitting his wrongdoings and saying goodbye to his wife is a pretty rounded-off ending imo. I’m totally fine with Jesse having an ambiguous ending but the one they gave us was ambiguous in the most frustrating ways because Jesse didn’t have an arc in the last eight episodes, he just became another one of Walt’s consequences. It makes you think they’re building up to something for him but they just end up never really using him. It feels like they cut away right before the payoff to him being in captivity for a year.

23. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Rewatching. Cannot believe Crawlspace wasn’t even the penultimate episode in S4. The way they kept the tension across 2.5 episodes is a masterclass in story telling.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

The last few minutes of crawlspace gave me a feeling I don't think I'll ever experience again watching TV.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I had to read the wiki entry to jog my memory and ugh :teethsmile:. Every now and then I want to revisit this but trying to only check out new series (at least new to me) for the time being