Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I knew one character had an interlude in both. Some of the interludes made me want whole novels.

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Yeah some of the best stuff is in the interludes. Looking back, I wish I would have at least read those over again.

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yeah, the interludes are wonderful. I hope we get some really crazy ones this time around, my dream is a Nightblood interlude.

4. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Just went to my local bookstore and picked up a signed copy of Oathbringer. A day early! So stoked!

Garrett L. and Vivatoto like this.
  5. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Her interlude is the prologue of Edgedancer.

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Depends if you're reading it in the standalone version or the Arcanum Unbounded collection, the latter doesn't have the prologue.

7. Vivatoto

Glad you explained that because I was very confused.

8. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Found a copy of Way of Kings at a local book store for $4. Been short on funds, but wanting to finally finish it, so pretty stoked right now! Gotta catch up!!

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  9. Garrett

TOMORROW

tucah and Vivatoto like this.
  10. Garrett

Herewego.gif

See you all (will spoiler) on the other side.

Vivatoto likes this.
  11. Garrett

All 55 hours of it!

12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'll have to wait for the audiobook, I'll never go through it otherwise

13. Garrett

It’s out today, too. Just finished downloading it. First time I’ve ever seen a book come in five separate downloads

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Niiice

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

YEAHHHHH LET'S GO

forgot i preordered this on audible from a free trial, i now own three copies of this book in various forms hah

Vivatoto and Garrett L. like this.
  16. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Glad I'm an insane person who also bought the ebook because Amazon lost my physical copy :\

17. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

excited to read this tonight. glad I didn't have any plans. Wil stop my 5th re-read of IT for this. But first, need to brush up on what went down in the first two

18. Vivatoto

What led you to that conclusion about Amazon? Mine hadn't come by the time I left for work (they usually do) and there hasn't been a shipping update in forever so I'm a lil worried.

19. Garrett

The audiobook was the most preordered audiobook ever.

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The tracking on the site of the service they used to ship it (Lasership) changed the status from In Transit to "Parcel Not Received From Sender," then went to Amazon CS where they talked to Lasership, confirmed it was lost somewhere and had to ship me out another copy. Amazon's release date delivery almost always goes off without a hitch for me too, although the last time I remember this happening is, well, Words of Radiance's release.

Garrett L. and Vivatoto like this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I didn't get through a ton today (10% on Kindle, very light, non-plot related spoiler: stopped after the second flashback chapter). Good stuff and setup so far, as expected. Thoughts, spoilered: The premise of opening the Oathgates offers a lot of promise for more world building and getting to see more of areas barely touched in the series so far. Dalinar's flashbacks are already really fascinating, seeing the old Blackthorn and hopefully progressing soon to meeting Dalinar's wife. I kind of hope it doesn't go through with the not-so-subtle hints of a love triangle between Shallan/Kaladin/Adolin. Outside of the main four, I'm dying to get back to Jasnah. She's gotta be doing something cool in this book, she's on the cover after all!

Hard to judge a 1200 page book on the first 10% but I have absolute faith in Sanderson and I'm so glad to be back in a new, sprawling adventure in this world.

22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Trying to finish up Edgedancer before starting the new book.

This will be hard because Lift makes me want to bash my head into a wall. Ugh.

Edit: I haven’t ruled out the possibility that it is just Kate Reading who makes me want to bash my head into a wall. One of these days I’m going to need to read these on my kindle to see if that makes any difference.

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Only like 50 pages into Oathbringer so far, but to be fair I read a recap of the first two books that Tor did and that recap took me about 30 minutes to finish haha.

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I've been able to read far less than I wanted to so far, hoping to get a good bit done this weekend.

25. Garrett

I’m about 20 hours into the audiobook. It’s so good. I wish I didn’t have to work.