Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

I've heard a few say that they have been having issues.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

forgot that SP2 was the non-Cosmere book but my Tress is getting here today so I finally get to finish that up (and will wait to see how impressive the HC is before making a final decision on waiting for the SP2 book)

3. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

My MP3s downloaded fine! Started listening last night.

4. GBlades

Trusted

We’ve pinged Peter a message so Dragonsteel are aware. I’ll keep you updated.

apparently you can use 7zip to open it and rename the files because they are too long but I haven’t backed the audiobook so can’t say for certain.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

oh MAN the tress book is GORGEOUS

...i might just wait to read all these in HC

Vivatoto and GBlades like this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

7. OwainGlyndwr

:heart:

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Frugal Wizard is very fun. Hard to believe this is just an idea he threw on the page when bored and writing.

9. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'm waiting for my book for this one! I still haven't even gotten Tress so maybe ill be reading it in August?

10. Garrett

IMG_7051.jpeg

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

got my mistborn box, it's incredible

metal bookends and a soonie plush!!

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  12. OwainGlyndwr

Mine has a shipping label!

In other topics, if you've read and liked Frugal Wizard's Guide, you should check out Poul Anderson's Three Hearts and Three Lions. You should do this for several reasons: 1, Anderson was a master of classic SFF, comparable to Tolkien in his prose, mythological understanding, and pathos, and very prolific; and 2, the plots are similar and both are a great romp, so you'd like it.

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Frugal Wizard today (thank you Sando for shipping by backer number and thank you past obsessive tucah whose backer number is 172 hah), two boxes in ten days is truly a gift. Maybe my favorite pin of the bunch Vasher and the book is, of course, gorgeous. Flipping through and there are so many illustrations peppered everywhere, excited to dig in.

14. Garrett

Now I want to know my backer number.

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

If you go to the KS page and click view pledge, it'll show you.

16. Garrett

98,554. And I did it in the first 30 or so minutes, iirc. That's insane.

17. OwainGlyndwr

I was 167,502. Part of that was all the delaying and deliberating I did, haha.

Crazy that you got in so quickly.

18. OwainGlyndwr

Tickets for Dragonsteel 2023 went up today (I guess technically yesterday), so that means I’ve officially preordered Defiant. Anyone else going?

19. Garrett

how are we already at SP3?!

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  20. OwainGlyndwr

Life is a bizarre tumble through fleeting snatches of coherence and vast swathes of unfettered time.

21. OwainGlyndwr

Also, my SP2 and Sel boxes both arrived on the same day a couple days ago. That was neat. I'm really impressed with the quality of the merchandise in all of these boxes too.

22. Garrett

I want the Mistborn bookends so badly, but he put them on sale at the worst time so I'll never get them.

23. OwainGlyndwr

That does make me think - maybe for this year's Christmas gift exchange we expand it to include memorabilia in addition to books. I could totally see getting you something like that (if they were available then) or @Vivatoto like an Adrian Tchaikovsky shirt or something haha

Vivatoto likes this.
  24. Garrett

I’ve been thinking about which book to include for months already ngl

25. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I've mentioned this before but I have literally no bookends or knick knacks to compliment my many bookshelves and it's a real bummer, it's like one of those things that just feels hard to "start" for some reason, if that makes any sense. I was able to pretty up my Brandon Sanderson shelf with the awesome extras in the Secret Project box. Oh and I have lighter that says "fuck communism" by my Preacher comic collection.