Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yep. Are we still spoiler tagging stuff? Navani's arc starting with her flashback through the end of Gavilar really mentally abusing her into believing she's not a scholar, then Raboniel telling her that if she's not a scholar then she doesn't know who is was a really beautifully written arc for her. Agree with the flashbacks though. It didn't paint Venli any different than what we already knew, it just filled in some gaps that are nice to have, but I don't know if we really needed that context to progress the story.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

in completely unexpected collaborations:

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I saw Brandon RT that but have no idea what it means because I don't play Fortnite. Is Kelsier gonna be a person you can play as or something?

4. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

That's not even a little bit exciting.

5. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Wow. Don’t play the game, but it’s like one of the biggest games in the world and they were just doing Marvel crossovers. Thats like….huge for him.

OwainGlyndwr and Spazzy McGee like this.
  6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

lmfao ok then.

7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

First step for a Mistborn movie/miniseries let’s gooooo

Vivatoto likes this.
  8. Vivatoto

My thoughts exactly. More eyes on the series the better.

Garrett likes this.
  9. Vivatoto

From Reddit

Well, it's finally out! Yes, we're doing Kelsier in Fortnite. So what's going on behind the scenes? Well, Donald Mustard (director of Fortnite) is a friend of mine. We worked on Infinity Blade together back in the day. So, he asked if I was interested in sticking Kelsier into the game--and I thought it was cool. So we've been working on that for a few months. Like I said (and several of you confirmed in this thread) it's not something I expect my general fanbase to go crazy over but it's nifty, and I hope it will be fun for those of you who enjoy both properties. It's also been a blast to work with the Fortnite team. They'll release more, but don't expect a huge crossover event. It's just a little fun thing that I'm doing with my friend, who happens to have accidentally made one of the most popular games of all time.

I feel like I remember seeing Infinity Blade on his resume when I was going through his stuff.

OwainGlyndwr and Garrett like this.
  10. GBlades

Trusted

If anyone missed it: The store has been renamed to Dragonsteel Books and they currently have Dawnshard physical edition and Way of Kings prime to purchase!

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

Dragonsteel Con announcement:

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  12. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

Trying to figure how much of this I can participate in. I live close and have a flexible work schedule, so I can conceivably attend all of it, which would be cool. I've met Brandon a couple of times and it'd be neat to see stuff from some of the other guests. Plus, honestly, the Doomslug plushie looks super cool, and I know my toddler son would adore it... that's all the justification I need, right?

GBlades likes this.
  13. GBlades

Trusted

If I was in the US I'd have considered it but nah, I might just snag the signed book pass. If you think it's worth it, I say you've convinced yourself!

14. Garrett

The whole Monday-Tuesday thing, even with the reason I get, makes it a nonstarter. Those Doomslug plushies are gonna FLY and I want one, haha.

15. OwainGlyndwr

Yeah the Monday-Tuesday thing makes it much more inconvenient (though understandable). I guess I'd feel a little silly not attending when it's literally down the road and I have the availability to go without disrupting my own schedule. Plus it's been a while since I've gone to a proper book event.

Thanks you guys, I've convinced myself, haha.

Garrett likes this.
  16. OwainGlyndwr

Also it's just really cool to see how much he's grown in popularity. I bought Elantris on release day and had it signed and there were like five people milling around this little table in the mall. Wild and well deserved how much success he's had.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  17. OwainGlyndwr

Successfully got my ticket. Of course the site crashed at launch, with some funny outcomes—at one point my cart had three other people's VIP passes in it and was charging me $999 to ship to Canada, for some reason. But super excited about the convention now!

18. OwainGlyndwr

Checking in from the first day of Dragonsteel MiniCon. Pretty solid crowd here, lots of fun, great panels and events. The Doomslug plushy is as adorable as expected. They've also got nice big prints of the Herald portraits and I'm about to spend a loooot of money here haha.

FlayedManOfSF, Vivatoto and Garrett like this.
  19. Garrett

Pics? :eyes:

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  20. OwainGlyndwr

Garrett likes this.
  21. OwainGlyndwr

I'll upload more as I have the chance to take them. It's been really fun being here. The atmosphere of a con is always so cool, and the bonus of people walking around with Shardblades and mistcloaks is sweet too haha

Garrett likes this.
  22. Garrett

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  23. OwainGlyndwr

My two-year-old is going to flip out, haha.

Day one was a success. Didn't take any other photos of the exhibit hall/games room because by the time I got out of the last event (film analysis viewing of Jaws with Dan Wells) everyone was packing up. But I'll get a couple photos of cool things tomorrow.

Garrett likes this.
  24. OwainGlyndwr

upload_2021-11-23_12-33-3.jpeg upload_2021-11-23_12-33-3.jpeg upload_2021-11-23_12-33-3.jpeg

Garrett likes this.
  25. OwainGlyndwr

upload_2021-11-23_12-34-9.jpeg upload_2021-11-23_12-34-9.jpeg upload_2021-11-23_12-34-9.jpeg upload_2021-11-23_12-34-9.jpeg

Attached Files:

FlayedManOfSF and Garrett like this.