Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

ch 35
    Out of the billions of interesting things that Sanderson keeps smothering us with, Maya is one of the best. I'm very interested in her apparent transformation she's going through. Also the horror lover in me loves her because she's probably terrifying. Same with the Cryptics which had those scary as hell scenes in the first book that Shallan just recently recalled.

Garrett likes this.
  2. Vivatoto

Ch 36 confirms!

Garrett likes this.
  3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

been barrelling through warbreaker in anticipation of rhythm of war as per your suggestions. cant wait to start RoW tho

Garrett likes this.
  4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Same, except, “barreling” for me is “5 chapters in”. I’ll be able to join the RoW discussion eventually.

5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

So my pre-order was shipped from NJ to my city in WI, then sent to the wrong post office, was shipped back to NJ 3 days ago, and I haven't had an update since then. I could have just picked it up at the post office! I'm pretty sure it's gone forever. It was a signed hardcover, too.

6. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Whoa what the heck, why is the writing so horny in warbreaker

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  7. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

It's the only book he's written that he has described as a romance. I think it's about as horny as an LDS author can get away with.

8. Vivatoto

ch 64
    Storms! Jasnah is bad aaaasssss

Garrett likes this.
  9. Vivatoto

ch 71
    Wow, the scene where Dalinar becomes the storm with the Stormfather. Spectacular. On another note, this parts epigraphs were harder to decipher than the last. Not sure if it's suppose to be obvious who's writing it, I certainly don't know.

Garrett likes this.
  10. GBlades

Trusted

I think we are supposed to know who is writing the epigraphs. Are you saying you don't know who wrote it or you don't know if it's supposed to be obvious? Or both? When it clicked with me it was awesome.

11. Vivatoto

Both, who is it?

12. GBlades

Trusted

Have you read Mistborn? If you have it's Sazed/Harmony. If not then I wouldn't click on a major spoiler there.

13. Vivatoto

Oh I got that one, I'm talking about the next Part, it's all excerpts from something called "Rhythm of War" (presumably a book but Idk)

14. GBlades

Trusted

Oh, well shit, sorry. Anyway, it was written by Navani an Raboniel during the tower invasion. It switches perspectives as it goes from the notes they write each other

15. Vivatoto

Wow, totally missed that. Talking about sand right away threw me off.
    EDIT: reading them back it was obvious as fuck, I was just looking in the wrong direction.

16. GBlades

Trusted

Im going to need to back over the book a few times. SO MANY COSMERE CONNECTIONS!

Vivatoto likes this.
  17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’m definitely planning to re-read RoW to make sure everything soaks in.

I read white sand volume 3 finally this week.

Vivatoto likes this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

I usually end up doing a Stormlight re-read after each new book which then it turn ends up in a Cosmere re-read which ends up back in the rabbit hole. These books are just something else.

The Cosmere buff in me liked White Sand because its referenced elsewhere, but I don't find myself going back. Perhaps it was the medium it was told.

Garrett likes this.
  19. Vivatoto

ch 80
    Lol Wit + Design....what a perfect partner

20. Vivatoto

I'm also noticing that Wit keeps mentioning Earth things, like they're obviously just from a different planet where there are dogs or cows or whatever, but it does seem odd to specifically use Earth lingo when he could be using all sorts of fantastical names. I'm far from ready to say this means anything, but there's a seed of a theory brewing somewhere

21. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I was having this theory brewing too

Vivatoto likes this.
  22. Vivatoto

ch 85
    I don't remember Dabbid...there are a lot of characters I've forgotten if they weren't super imporatant... again the product of reading too much fantasy...But anyway now all I have to say is Dabbid fucking rules.

23. Vivatoto

Ch 94
    We.Chose.

24. Vivatoto Nov 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 28, 2020)
    Vivatoto

Ch 96
    Ooooh Venli...You got some shit to make up for. Because right now you came to the realization that your a selfish monster and are about to do the most selfish thing

25. Vivatoto Nov 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 28, 2020)
    Vivatoto

Ch 97
    Hahahaha....Booom! Fuck yeah Navani

EDIT:...Oh....fuck