Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

Holy shit, the Cosmere connections on this and Dawnshard are insane. Whenever someone has read this we need a full conversation!

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Fine, y'all convinced me. I'm going to read Dawnshard on my phone, listen to RoW (working from home means I won't have much time for this), and reading the physical version of Warbreaker, which is how I've been doing most of my reading these days. So before I hit pt. 2 of RoW, I will have finished Mistborn era 1, Warbreaker, Edgedancer, and Dawnshard. Enough knowledge to catch most of the stuff in RoW? Planning on coming back to Elantris and Mistborn era 2 after I finish RoW.

Garrett likes this.
  3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Man, Amazon says it's coming today but I been watching these shipping updates and it's not looking good.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Pattern :heart:

5. Garrett

Chapter 28
    IS THIS A LETTER FROM SAZED?!?!

Vivatoto and GBlades like this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

Major MAJOR spoilers:

Thaidakar is Kelsier!?

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  7. SmashRipsaw Nov 18, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2020)
    SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

This is from the release party last night. Towards the end he reads a passage from an unpublished sequel to Sixth of the Dusk, which is super interesting. Some potential Cosmere spoilers, but nothing too major.

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  8. GBlades

Trusted

I've got a Zoom event tonight with Waterstones!

9. Micah511

just finished Dawnshard. Very happy with it. Liked it a lot better than Edgedancer.

10. GBlades

Trusted

Dawnshard was a real step-up from Edgedancer.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  11. Micah511

I'll spoiler tag all of this related to Dawnshard just in case.
    I loved Lopen's perspective. Reading his train of thought is so fun. But Brandon really brings it around at the end, and it hit pretty hard when he realizes he does joke around with people too much. Rysn joining with a dawnshard and gaining similar powers to what the Warbreaker magic system is (I just started this, so that's all i could really gather) obviously has some big implications, along with their "discovery" of what different metals affect fabrials on the boat.

Garrett and GBlades like this.
  12. Garrett

Starting Part 4 today

13. Micah511

Chapters 12-14
    The bar scene with Adolin, Shallan (and Radiant and Veil), and Kaladin was a joy to read. Adolin was a welcome relief from how depressed Kaladin has been. Bye Rock. :concerned:Chapter 13 and getting an update on Shallan's brothers was nice. For someone we are supposed to believe is a "bad" guy, I don't really dislike Mraize. Speaking of, Cosmere got very real this chapter with him revealing (at least part) of his plan to transport Stormlight from world to world. Excited to see the journey to Shadesmar for Adolin and Shallan. I wasn't particularly excited about so much focus being on Parshendi this book, but I was really intrigued with Leshwi, Venli, and the rest of the Fused in the meeting. They can get stuck in gemstones? That's a new revelation right? I actually kind of like reading Moash in the context of his interactions with the fused.

Vivatoto and Garrett like this.
  14. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

lol Yeah, I'm just going to ignore all of your posts for the next month or so.

Garrett likes this.
  15. Garrett

I have an immense capacity at finding tasks at work that I can do to listen to the book instead. I organized our cleaning supplies closet, for example.

I also have been sitting at my desk in the evenings at home and coloring and listening. I'm mildly obsessive.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  16. Garrett

First chapter of part 4 spoiler: Pattern being confirmed the traitor is the most pain I've felt in a long time.

Micah511 likes this.
  17. Micah511

Really wish I had a job where I could listen and still be productive, or that my brain could multitask like that.

18. Garrett

You could argue that I'm slightly lacking in productivity since it came out. I just got promoted to paralegal, so I rarely have tasks I can listen to anymore.

Micah511 likes this.
  19. Garrett

Chapter 93
    omg the deadeye spren was Shallan’s!

Micah511 and Vivatoto like this.
  20. Garrett

retweet forever

21. Garrett

part 5 of this book may send me to therapy for a year

Whalejaw likes this.
  22. Vivatoto

Ch 17
    "Odium is a punchline, but not to any joke you've been told"...Oh Hoid, how I've missed you

Garrett likes this.
  23. Garrett

how

24. Garrett

I finished last night. That’s the “how” above, haha.

OwainGlyndwr and Vivatoto like this.
  25. Vivatoto Nov 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2020)
    Vivatoto

I bet Taravangian has a really punchable face

Edit: Oh yeah, the Diagram, I forgot about that. Fuck I read too much fantasy.

Garrett likes this.