Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I caught it just in time. Already loaded onto my Kindle.

2. GBlades

Trusted

Its now up for preorder on Amazon, no word on the store yet. Official release on November 10th.

EDIT: Ebook edition.

3. GBlades

Trusted

Finished and holy.....the Cosmere connections were present in this one!

We also need @tucah to edit the first post, if they can....

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I can/did.

GBlades likes this.
  5. GBlades

Trusted

Thanks! I didn't even notice it hadn't been updated until today.

Garrett likes this.
  6. Garrett

651FAC19-D9C9-49FF-BC72-6DAA8B5BB7CF.jpeg

This is how I spent the first part of my evening.

Spazzy McGee and SmashRipsaw like this.
  7. Garrett

Brandon is quite good at exploding in world building and giving his readers whiplash

8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Just finished Dawnshard. It's a cool side story that has some serious implications for, well, everything. Definitely getting excited for RoW next week.

GBlades likes this.
  9. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

So I’m in the last section of Hero of Ages, I’ve listened to the first 6 chapters of RoW, and I just bough Dawnshard. Exciting few months for reading coming up!

Spazzy McGee, Garrett and SmashRipsaw like this.
  10. GBlades

Trusted

Rhythm of War is out tomorrow!!

Anyone have any questions for Brandon? There's a live event on Wednesday night and i have a few questions already submitted but want to over-submit!

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  11. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I pre-ordered from Barnes and Noble and haven't received a shipping notice yet. Hoping it comes soon, as I'm just about done reading the chapters already released.

12. Garrett

I got my Amazon shipping notice yesterday!

I just started the audiobook preview that's on Brandon's YouTube page while I wait.

Obviously, we're all pretty good about this in here, but we're all agreed on using spoiler tags until all the Cosmere regs around here have read it, yeah? I know the forum kinda operates on different rules for spoilers when it comes to movies and such, but we're a pretty insulated group.

SmashRipsaw and Micah511 like this.
  13. Micah511

I would love to spoiler tag with chapters if everyone else is down. I'll get started: Chapter 8 Rhythm of War
    fuck moash

Spazzy McGee, Garrett and SmashRipsaw like this.
  14. Garrett

Prologue:
    This Navani prologue turns so many things immediately on it's head with how we look at the Parshendi's motives. Also makes me wonder who Jasnah was trying to have assassinated in the previous prologue. Maybe Amaram? Maybe Gavilar?

15. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I'm about 90 percent certain that Gavilar isn't dead, and found some way to travel to Braize and become immortal.

16. Micah511

this prologue made me HATE Gavilar. That is some true mental abuse he has put Navani under for years, and it still rears it's head when she talks about "not being a scholar". I'm sure in the 5th book we'll get his perspective, but I can't imagine it will do anything to redeem his character (no reason to since he's dead though).

Garrett likes this.
  17. Garrett

I've been flirting with the "he's bonded to a spren" idea for years. I'd kinda hate it if it's true, though Brandon could pull it off.
    It also really makes you feel bad for Dalinar, oddly enough, because he did so much for Gavilar, but now we're like...you really didn't see this?

Micah511 likes this.
  18. Micah511

are y'all reading Dawnshard beforehand? I probably should, but I've been listening to the pre-release RoW chapters and am already chomping at the bit for more of that, and don't really want to pause to read Dawnshard, even though I probably should. Should probably read Warbreaker beforehand as well...

19. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I would read both beforehand if you have the time.
    Warbreaker in particular seems pretty important, based on the pre-release chapters I've read so far.

20. Micah511

yeah I know I should. I'm REALLY close to finishing Mistborn era 1, so I might read the physical copy of Warbreaker while listening to RoW chapters occasionally once I finish Hero of Ages.

21. Garrett

I did a full Stormlight re-read in the last 6 weeks in this order:

Warbreaker
    Way of Kings
    Words of Radiance
    Edgedancer
    Oathbringer
    Dawnshard

It's made it all so much better. Just started the RoW preview chapters this morning as I mentioned earlier. You can knock out Dawnshard in under 3 hours. It reads really quick.

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  22. Micah511

6 weeks?! How?!

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  23. Garrett

Audiobooks + half-marathon training.

24. Micah511

okay yeah thats how

Garrett likes this.
  25. GBlades

Trusted

I'm cool with using spoiler tags until we have read it. I know we don't normally do it on other threads but we are such a small group that i think, if we all agree, it would be better.

Please send me some questions to ask Brandon hahaha. I'm bad at those :(