Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

WE HAVE A DATE FOR STORMLIGHT 4

NOVEMBER 17, 2020

2. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Oh fuck yeah!

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

YASSSSS

4. GBlades

Trusted

Finally!! Never been so excited, gonna have to plan another re-read soon.

5. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

It is straight FASCINATING to listen (Audible) to The Way of Kings when you've listened all the way through Oathbringer. It's like a new book. I just put two and two together that the traders with Kaladin in the beginning are the same ones that pick up Shallan in Words of Radiance. That was probably supposed to be obvious, but at least I realize it now.

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

It's crazy! I'm on my nth re-read and still pick up a lot more than I care to admit without embarrassment!

7. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

It was hard to take stuff in the first time around in TWOK, kind of like... okay when is this getting interesting. Now, every minor detail, I'm like, "oh yeah, they think *that* way because of *this*. Kaladin wants to smash Amaram's face in? Well, you kind of get that chance."

8. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah, you're right. I DNF'd my first read through then moved onto Mistborn before the obsession kicked.

9. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Audiobooks are next level, so ready

Micah511 likes this.
  10. GBlades

Trusted

State of the Sanderson is today, right??

11. Spazzy McGee

Regular

yep!

12. Garrett

So. Many. Novels. I. Need.

13. GBlades

Trusted

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Whoa, totally missed that SotS was yesterday. Super interesting read, as always. It's amazing to see him be so open, what other author would just list out 20-something unwritten novels that he plans to write over the next 30 years.

15. Garrett

Rhythm of War confirmed as title.

16. GBlades

Trusted

I wonder what he could have called it otherwise. I'm trying to think of ideas but I'm not that creative.

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

would have been a little upset if it wasn't tbh, it's a pretty perfect title for an eshonai/venli book

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  18. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Just finished Oathbringer, and started Warbreaker a few weeks ago. I read Mistborn several years ago, so I will re-read that and then all of the others in that series. So much to read!

Spazzy McGee and Garrett L. like this.
  19. GBlades

Trusted

On the latest YouTube AMA, he confirmed he wants to release Wandersail before Book 4 because there are some references in ROW to it.

Spazzy McGee, tucah and Garrett L. like this.
  20. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Awwwww yeaaaaaaaa

21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

RoW update, the tl;dr:

-Corona won't change anything and it'll hit the November date
    -Starting work on Wandersail soon to finish by July, will be out before RoW
    -Wandersail is a Rysn novella, the novella in between RoW/Stormlight 5 will be focused on Rock
    -Floats idea of writing a novella taking place in between WoK/WoR during the hiatus after Book 5 (when he's also writing the third Mistborn era)
    -RoW is about 10% longer than WoK right now, usually cuts down about 10% during the final edit so final length should be about the same as WoK
    -We'll get a chapter a week leading to release like Oathbringer
    -Personally working on a Mistborn screenplay because of mixed results of those brought to him

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. Garrett

I am going to be re-reading WoK/WoR/Oath late this year. Around the release of that novella sounds perfect.

23. GBlades

Trusted

I plan on doing a Stormlight re-read amongst my many other books. A Rysn novella would be really good. I hope it gets a physical edition like Edgedancer.

Garrett L. likes this.
  24. GBlades

Trusted

25. GBlades

Trusted

Spazzy McGee likes this.