Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

That's major, hes an absolute machine. I'm excited for Starsight next month!

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

THIS month!

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  3. GBlades

Trusted

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

A little update, tl;dr: He estimates he has around 100k words or so left to write by the end of the year in order to get it out in 2020, that being the core plot of the second half of the book. He's skipping a tour for Starsight in order to spend more time writing, seems optimistic it'll be done. Next update we'll get is the 2019 State of Sanderson next month.

OwainGlyndwr and Spazzy McGee like this.
  5. Garrett

I’ve pre-ordered both the hardcover and audiobook of Starsight you keep writing that beautiful Stormlight four draft Brandon I got you baby

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  6. Garrett

Also writing 100k in two months is incredible. I’ve done 50k in a month twice and it took months to recover.

GBlades likes this.
  7. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah, they're doing a signed copy for the same price in my local bookstore so I pre-ordered that. Skipping a tour so he can finish might seem a bit daunting just to finish Stormlight but I imagine the tour for that would be so huge that it can be forgiven. His writing speed is incredibly impressive, especially given the depth of what he comes out with.

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Chapter 82 of oathbringer (the girl who stood up..) has left me shattered, I need a hug or something. What an unbelievably well written and beautiful couple of pages.

Micah511 likes this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

It's an amazing foretelling!!

10. GBlades

Trusted

Since there isn't a Non-Cosmere thread, anyone picked up Starsight yet??

11. Garrett

I have it. Have to finish my current audiobook first.

12. GBlades

Trusted

I've got The Dragon Reborn, Legend of Condor Heroes and Call of Cthulhu collection still to finish but I just want to read more Sanderson.

13. Garrett

Dragon Reborn is probably better than Starsight tbh haha adore that book

GBlades likes this.
  14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

In Cosmere news, Sanderson's newsletter today (which also reminded me Starsight is out) has an early draft of the opening chapter of Stormlight 4 - Lirin is the viewpoint character.

15. GBlades

Trusted

I'm enjoying it but I think I'm burnt out with series right now after re-reading the full Cosmere. I'm slowly working my way towards the end though and I'm really liking the characters POV in this one.

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Finally finished Oathbringer! Now to scour 17th shard and the subreddit to pick up on details I missed. I kind of want to start them over, but I feel like I should take a break, considering the books took me a year to listen to all 3.

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  17. GBlades

Trusted

I hate looking at this stuff on 17th Shard and the subreddit because it infuriates me that I never picked it up the first time!

Micah511 likes this.
  18. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Are we still spoiler tagging Oathbringer?

Why in the world are the Radiants so quick to accept Szeth? Kaladin, Dalinar, and Adolin appear to not so much as bat an eye that Szeth has switched sides and his allegiance is to Dalinar now.

19. GBlades

Trusted

It's been over 2 years since Oathbringer so I would imagine not. I'll tag until we know however. I'd say they are quick to accept help but have not truly absolved him of what happened previously. I'm sure the opening will start in Rhythm of War with Szeth's repercussions

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  20. Garrett

No need to spoiler.

21. GBlades

Trusted

Didn't think so but couldn't remember if some people were still going through a read in the thread or not.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  22. Garrett

I’m about 45 minutes from being done with Starsight.

23. GBlades

Trusted

Haven't even started yet. Got about 6 chapters left of The Dragon Reborn then will move onto short stories. Asked for it at Christmas! How is it??

24. Garrett

it’s very fun. It’s always nice when Sanderson let’s himself have fun and not go as in-depth. Still good quality but also isn’t a huge investment.

matthaber likes this.
  25. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

So I finished Oathbringer the other day and while I loved the book it defiantly had a lot of pacing issues and probably my least favourite of the 3 books so far