Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I am an enormous fan of the Stormlight series, Warbreaker, and Elantris, but did not enjoy anything about Mistborn. I've attempted to re-read the Mistborn books at least a dozen times and I can't bring myself to get more than a few chapters in.

2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah, I want to, but I really want to wait until I finish Oathbringer before I get into theories. I felt it was pretty safe here. I've browsed the subreddit, it seems pretty good at spoiler tag everything, but I haven't subscribed yet.

3. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah definitely wait until the end of Oathbringer at least. It's such a behemoth of a book, too! I definitely recommend Mistborn after it though, it's such a fun series.

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The first Mistborn trilogy holds its own with Stormlight...almost.

Vivatoto likes this.
  5. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I might like the first Mistborn trilogy more at this point but that’s just because it has a perfect ending.

FlayedManOfSF and Garrett L. like this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

Some fan art I threw up. It's the UK covers however textless. I think they make for good pieces separately.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  7. GBlades

Trusted

New update on Stormlight 4 has been posted on Reddit:

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Spazzy McGee, Garrett L. and GBlades like this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

your reminder that sanderson is a fucking beast

Garrett L. and Vivatoto like this.
  10. GBlades

Trusted

What does this say? Twitter won't work in work :(

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

"All right! Flashbacks for Stormlight 4 are done. Split between Eshonai/Venli 13 chapters, 30k words. Longer than I'd wanted, but needed to do both. Still another 100k+ to write on other parts. Onward! (Note: avoid replies to this if you haven't read 1-3. There might be spoilers.)"

GBlades likes this.
  12. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

The ending is the most satisfying, heart-breaking, amazing thing I've read. I cried the entire last few chapters and thought about it for like a week after. Absolutely stunning and incredible. I'd highly encourage you to fight through it because these books pick up and are some of the most satisfying fiction pieces I've ever read. Just a beautiful ending.

Vivatoto likes this.
  13. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

See post above but, THAT ENDING!

14. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Not sure if my post actually was clear, but I’ve read through all of the Mistborn book once. I was referring to my attempts to read through it all a second time. It just isn’t for me. And my various attempts at re-reads have confirmed that.

So I disagree with that assessment of the ending haha.

Although I’ll say that the Wax and Wayne stuff is fine.

15. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Different strokes different folks as they say.

16. Garrett

The ending of Hero of Ages emotionally wrecked me for a week

Vivatoto and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  17. GBlades

Trusted

Mistborn is a fantastic trilogy. Hero of Ages was a great culmination of the 3 books. On first Final Empire was alright, Well of Ascension dropped and Hero of Ages made me want to re-read everything in a different light knowing the full Cosmere aspects.

18. Garrett

White Sands Vol. 3 appeared in an amazon package today.

Vivatoto likes this.
  19. GBlades

Trusted

I'm currently reading it, the artist changed and it's quite refreshing. That's all so far.

20. Vivatoto

Never happy about an artist change, but at least the new artist on Vol 3 of White Sand is solid. Unlike the last chapter of Vol 2.

21. Vivatoto

From what I remember Vol 3 ends where the book ends, with plenty set up for more. Wonder if they'll keep going with the comic, would be nice to know how (spoiler for Secret History and Vol 3) Khriss gets so involved with the Cosmere...Also was that Hoid at the end singing on the boat?

22. GBlades

Trusted

It was him at the end! Nice catch! And I agree with the artist change. Sanderson said that the series is over.... for Dayside! Darkside is getting another 3 graphic novels given the events at the end of Volume 3. I agree we need to see how Khriss gets to be a world hopper but I guess Hoid would have something to do with that

Vivatoto likes this.
  23. Vivatoto

Omg that’s awesome. Dying to see Darkside!

GBlades likes this.
  24. GBlades

Trusted

Same! I'm excited to see how this all ties in together!

25. Garrett

scottlechowicz, Vivatoto and GBlades like this.