Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere Book • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Mar 30, 2016.

1. GBlades

Trusted

Can't remember if I posted this before but here we go:

[​IMG]

2. GBlades

Trusted

I know this isn't Cosmere but I'm currently reading Snapshot and it's pretty slow but I know that the Sanderlanche will start soon. I'm currently debating either a re-read of the entire Cosmere or Wheel of Time (currently unfinished). What's everyone think?

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’m gonna do a re-read of Wheel of Time starting in September.

Snapshot is so damn good.

4. GBlades

Trusted

I suppose there is nothing stopping doing both hahaha

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  6. GBlades

Trusted

Just finished Elantris in my reread of the Cosmere .Although its his first cosmere-y book, you can see the elements he borrowed to create the other worlds and in usual BS fashion, the ending was just surreal .

7. Garrett

GBlades and Spazzy McGee like this.
  8. GBlades

Trusted

9. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Got bored and so now it looks like I’m gonna do a re-read of Way of Kings

Spazzy McGee and Garrett L. like this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

July 23rd.

11. GBlades

Trusted

After reading his books, fantasy novels have never been the same for me.

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  12. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Just noticed on Amazon White Sand 3 should be coming out June 25th

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Garrett

Oh! Sweet

14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Any idea on how long we'll have to wait for a paperback on this one?

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

interesting little update on stormlight 4, details on structure of the book:

"We have what I'm calling the Primary Arc, which focuses on four characters who are all together in one place, their plots interweaving. The Secondary Arc is three different characters, their arcs interweaving, but in a separate location from the primary arc. The Tertiary arc is the last two characters, in a third location.

There will be ties between the three arcs, but the book will read a little more like TWoK than Oathbringer--with several separate stories that imply interesting things for one another, but which generally focus on their own goals. Book Five should, then, be an interweaving like Book Two or Book Three."

edit: wow i did not know that there were reddit embeds like that

scottlechowicz and Spazzy McGee like this.
  16. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Really like that he’s mixing up the structure for the 4th book. Enjoyed WoK a lot so I’m imagining a cool and unique setup for book 5

17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Re-reading Way of Kings. I’m at the battle at the tower. Its soooooooo fucking good.

Micah511 likes this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

I know it's not necessarily Cosmere but Starsight release date is confirmed as Dec. 3rd 2019.

Garrett L. likes this.
  19. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I am really pumped for this. I liked Skyward more than I expected, and I was already expecting it to be great. Really glad to hear it's planned to be a four-book series too.

20. GBlades

Trusted

On my re-read, I've just finished Bands of Mourning. Although it's a direct continuation of Era 1, Era 2 is such an outstanding feat of keeping the same magic and lore yet further advancing the mechanics of the metals and the world.

I should have clicked earlier, it would have made much more sense that Kelsier is the Sovereign when it was revealed that the quote Wax heard at the end of the Epilogue was "Survive" we knew that Brandon had other plans for that character!

Spazzy McGee likes this.
  21. GBlades

Trusted

For those interested, Stormlight Archive Update #4 has hit Reddit today;

22. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Don't want to read through this because spoilers, but I'm two books into The Stormlight Archive (well, 3 if you count Edgedancer) and I can't remember being so excited about a series since Harry Potter. I'm currently reading/listening to Oathbringer, and it's great so far. No spoilers for anything to come please. :-)

EDIT: also, these are my first Sanderson books. I know, I know. Don't tell me to stop and go read something else to get backstory, I won't, but I'm planning on doing a reread or dive into other cosmere books once I'm done with Oathbringer.

Vivatoto, Garrett L. and GBlades like this.
  23. GBlades

Trusted

Pretty spoiler-filled thread but having Stormlight Archive be your first Sanderson books is a great feat. Mistborn was my first dive into the books and it set me up for SA. I'm doing a full re-read and its amazing the little bits that I missed on the Cosmere that I've picked up now.

24. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I bought The Way of Kings hardcover in 2012 at a suggestion of a roommate... I probably tried and failed to read it 4-5 times. Fast forward to 2018, and I was trying again, making a little more progress. I mentioned to my friend I was trying to read it, and he mentioned that he was too, but listening on Audible. He shared it with me, and I have been blowing through them since. Probably finished Words of Radiance in a couple months (I listen during my 30 minute lunch walk, sometimes during my 20-30 drives to and from work), and am now borderline obsessed since I finished. I read Edgedancer over a weekend, and have been jumping back and forth between reading/listening to Oathbringer every free minute I have.

Is the Mistborn series going to be underwhelming for me since I started with The Stormlight Archives? Also, I read the thread leading up to the release of Oathbringer, and I am so excited to get to anticipate Book 4 with everyone... next fall/winter. :cringe:

GBlades likes this.
  25. GBlades

Trusted

Like myself, I read it a few times and just could not get into it. Picked up Mistborn and went through it like a speeding train then read the rest of the Cosmere before picking up Stormlight again and getting really into it.

Mistborn will definitely not be underwhelming. Era 1 is one of his greatest pieces, arguably, and Era 2 really expands on that. You should join in at 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite if you feel brave enough to delve into theories. Be wary of spoilers though!