Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Band • Page 861

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Gonna echo my friends here:

You're not finding anyone willing to buy here.

2. Kevin360

No reason to feel continually upset about being influenced by them, but people here definitely relate to that disgusted feeling about it all. Haven't listened to your stuff, but just keep on keeping on and make things your own. Don't let the music that influences your sound define your sound.

3. Kevin360 Oct 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2018)
    Kevin360

But it's also an odd look sharing it all of this on "relevant" band subreddits. I know you're trying to push your music, but I tend to ignore music being "advertised" that way, with very few exceptions.

Also, when people follow me on social media, or start liking all of my "relevant" band posts. It gets kinda weird.

beachdude, travisred and stars143 like this.
  4. Anthony_ Oct 26, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 26, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Honestly for me it's a real bad look using this thread as some sort of vehicle to advertise your music. Real, real bad.

5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yeah that struck me odd too

6. travisred

Trusted Supporter

There are bands who have released albums this year that still carry influence from Brand New's sound (Foxing, Animal Flag, Republic of Wolves), that's not really a big deal.

"Will I be blackballed for their influence?"

Also really shitty way to phrase what you're asking to be honest.

Omni, Joe4th, serotonin and 2 others like this.
  7. Kevin360

I mean, I was talking personally to you, but I am not offended. Just trying to politely tell you how I perceive stuff like this. It was not a personal “attack” as you’ve interpreted. There’s not animosity from me here, but I want to also be clear that this kind of thing is not perceived very well here (there’s actually a dedicated thread for members to “advertise” their bands somewhere here).

Most importantly, if you even go back over the past couple of pages in this very thread, you will see that just bumping it with your stuff would not be taken well.

Hug and a handshake, have a beautiful day.

8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Dang, he already deleted his account it seems. You can promote your music but that's just not the way to sell it. Just say "Hey this has similarities to Brand New and other bands, check it out".

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah I get his intents were not what they came off as, and it's a shame he felt he had to leave all together, but it was poorly executed from all angles.

10. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yeah, I took it as like talking about how not good brand new is now but trying to weasel your band in. I was confused by it.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also agree that the "blackball" comment was in bad taste, as if to claim yourself as a victim because of someone else's suffering.

12. Kevin360

What a weird morning in this thread.

Let’s let it sink back into the abyss until something productive for conversation occurs.

Omni likes this.
  13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Exactly. The post was nothing more than a backdoor plug for the music to people who were fans of BN. Pretty transparent if you ask me.

Omni and Kevin360 like this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Not as bad as posting your band on the brand new subreddit :)

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

The sticky'd thread has taken care of a lot of this, and yet...

beachdude, teebs41 and Kevin360 like this.
  16. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

“My comedy act is similar to that of B*** C****y. Check me out at my YouTube channel......”

Kevin360 likes this.
  17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

RIP this band one year ago today.

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

No.

FTank, scott, coleslawed and 5 others like this.
  19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I know.

Reading the comments of that post there’s still people defending him even recently.

20. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

teebs41 likes this.
  21. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

22. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the “RIP this band” post was so wildly unnecessary, why bump this thread and start this back up just to fucking say that, knowing exactly the reaction its going to draw?

Anthony_, Omni, ChiliTacos and 6 others like this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it’s been agreed to keep this thread open for “discussion” and for whatever reason “recommendations” but the only discussions that ever happen in this thread is arguing when someone comes in and bumps this thread with something stupid like that.

Anthony_ and Brent like this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

what do you even mean rip this band? aren’t there rumors that they’re just waiting for stuff to blow over and plan on touring again? rumors are rumors but still. the band has been wildly unclear about the future, which imo is completely unacceptable. no closure for the victims or the fans they betrayed

Anthony_, Joe4th and supernovagirl like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.