Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Sophos

Regular

i discovered this band when i was 11 years old heh

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Only just discovered them my freshman year of college, basically when I started frequenting AP.net.

3. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Hey this band is decent

discovered them when i was 8 or 9 lol

4. Sophos

Regular

my friend who got me to join AP did it by telling me there was a rabid brand new fan base here. so i immediately joined

Nick and Jason Tate like this.
  5. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i was 12 and found the video for quiet things and rly loved that song

remember showing my mom deja and she heard the first few seconds of tautou and was like "this guy sounds like an asshole"

St. Nate and Garrett L. like this.
  6. Sophos

Regular

me and my older brother used to listen to brand new in the car a lot, my mom recognizes all their older songs. also she was/is actively a fan of MCR and FOB haha

7. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Your friend was 100% correct, ha

8. Kennedy

My uncle is the one who introduced me to Brand New. i used to play Tony Hawk underground on his X-Box and it was crazy at the time that you could put your own music on the game haha. I think he was scared that when i was playing his music was gonna have like bad language for an 8/9 year old, so he always set it to only Deja Entendu when i was playing. i was basically brain washed from that point on.
    Him and my other uncle also gave me a mini disc player loaded with Clarity, Bleed American, and Futures. when i was like 10 i could pretty much recite the track listing of those 3 albums by memory haha.

h8bit likes this.
  9. A friend of the band messaged me on AIM and sent me the unmastered YFW. I thought the first listen was only ok, that "Failure By Design" was a little too Good Charlotte like, and then I drove to see my girlfriend at the time (who I was leaving to go to college in a few months) put it on for the second play and "SoCo" had me breaking down in the car. That was the start.

h8bit and nothingsforeverdude like this.
  10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

[​IMG]

Saw Brand New with mewithoutYou and Thrice. Left during their set 'cause I didn't know them, but not before getting a cookie from Aaron Weiss. Months later, bought TDAG. Remember where I was when the chorus of "Sowing Season" hit in my car during my first listen.

Hated Daisy for a long time after it was released and still have the same complaints, but it's now maybe my favorite after TDAG and the demos?

11. Sophos

Regular

you're right lets make jimmy johns the new official brand new thread sponsor

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

But nostalgia is all the rage right now.

13. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Your mom sounds like she was channeling her inner Hank Hill

14. Kennedy

i miss Jimmy Johns from when i lived in Georgia, i wish we had it in Canada

15. Sophos

Regular

its pretty good. i mean not the best. better than subway. and as far as working there, its not too bad and i get really great tips.

16. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

We have a blimpie on campus, I still have no idea how to feel about it. Their meats are pretty bad, tuna sandwich is great for what it is.

17. Sophos

Regular

there used to be a blimpie on my campus but now its a quesadilla place. blimpie is horrible tbh i tried it once and was not impressed

18. DeviantRogue

Quiznos was always the lowest tier.. I may actually enjoy Subway more than Blimpies tbh.

19. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Every sandwich I've gotten at a Wawa or a Sheetz has been better than a Subway, Jimmy Johns, etc.

20. DeviantRogue

It's very good, pricier than other sandwich options it seems. There is one on the way home that I'm going to go to more often.

21. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Yeah they're pretty much the go to midnight snack place around here.

22. I started making my own sandwiches at home more recently and I never wanna go back to Subway (nothing else good that close to me). Current fave is a flank steak and maranara with Mozzarella on top in an oven baked hoagie. So good.

Dirty Sanchez and h8bit like this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I've always liked Diasy. Not their best work, but I always enjoyed jamming it.

I found BN a couple months before Deja came out. Someone on AP had "I hope the next boy that you kiss has something contagious on his lips" or whatever the exact line is. I asked what it was from and I went directly out to Target and bought YFW. I was hooked from there.

24. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Got into this band when Deja dropped. I saw the video for Sic Transit and loved the song and video. Bought Deja and was hooked. Then, I saw Much Music show the Jude Law video and asked for YFW for my birthday. Been a fan since.

25. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

actually got into them because my best friend wasn't feeling deja and he gave his copy of it to me. i owe him a lot

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.