Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Brand New is a rock band from Long Island, New York. Formed in 2000, the band consists of Jesse Lacey (lead vocals, guitars), Vincent Accardi (guitars, backing vocals), Garrett Tierney (bass guitar), and Brian Lane (drums, percussion). From 2005 until 2013 the band also included Derrick Sherman (guitar, backing vocals, keyboards).

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Aww, Jesse and his wife had their baby. Cute kid. Named Bowie.

3. Keagan Ilvonen

Testing the auto-embed

RJ Knorr and Jason Tate like this.
  4. I hear a tour with Modest Mouse is coming.

5. Keagan Ilvonen

:alien:

6. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Now this would be fantastic. Haven't seen Modest Mouse yet.

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely. Probably going to have to get back lawn seats for the Nashville show, and just end up chilling in the back. The reserved seats went fast.

8. Sophos

Regular

RIYL???

Jason Tate likes this.
    AndrewSoup likes this.
  10. Keagan Ilvonen

hahaha, we'll see if we finally get it!

11. The creative output The Beatles pushed in those 7 years is unreal. Just fucking unbelievable run from '65-'70.

12. Hahahahahaha.

Everyone. Everyone will move again too. Mail-order kinda sounds like something we're gonna complain about now and then once the robots start taking all the jobs we'll be like, uh, maybe it wasn't so bad.

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

We ever getting a new album or nah?

14. I think it comes this year.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I only got into this band freshman year of college (2013) and it already feels like they've been a part of my life forever... can't imagine what the wait has been like for those who have been fans since Daisy or before.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Kind of felt weird, but I bought Daisy on vinyl yesterday. It only felt weird b/c it came out so long ago and I just now got around to buying it.

17. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

So pumped about their upcoming tour with Modest Mouse (who I have never seen in concert).

It will be interesting to see if any new music makes into the setlist or if they're still playing some of the 2006 demos, which are fantastic live.

18. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Yeah the other day i remembered I have tickets to the MSG show and got excited all over again. I've held off on the past few shows cause i've been hearing the same songs played for years at this point. Really hoping for some new material this time around.

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

If I had known Daisy was going to be the last album for 7 years, I would have waited until 2014 to listen to it.

20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I won't believe they have a new album until I'm listening to it. I've been waiting way too long now to have an expectation of it really happening.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  21. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

the brand new subreddit is an incredibly silly place

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's been forever since I listened to Daisy. Maybe I should go put that on.

23. Sophos

Regular

i love daisy!!!!

24. Sophos

Regular

my timeline

2009: this album is amazing
    2010: this album isnt that great
    2011: this album is horrible
    2012: this album isnt that great
    2013: this album is ok
    2014: ok this album is pretty good
    2015: this album is amazing
    2016: this album is amazing

inversevictor and KennedyBN like this.
  25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've always liked Daisy, for whatever reason. But I also heard the band's entire catalog all at the same time, so that probably didn't hurt.

Daisy is at least their second-best record to me, though. I'm not so into the first two.

JRGComedy likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.