Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Top the Charts • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I'm really happy to see this. Congrats to Brand New on an amazing record and achievement

2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

In the words of McGregor. This is fooking amazing. So happy for them. This album has grown on me so much. Gonna give it another listen tonight.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Totally agree. I first I thought the album was good but great but I can't stop spinning it now and probably listened to it 30 times already. So awesome

4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Truly a blueprint for all bands now.

Ehh...nah. This band is so special.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Very cool to see. It's an incredible album.

6. adleon18

This is awesome!! I really hope that it also stays there for a couple of weeks at least, maybe when the physical copies are released they will get another boost in the charts, I know I want a physical copy, I have been listening to this non-stop :-)

7. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Massive congratulations!!

8. bloodinthesand

Regular

In this day and age, this is absolutely incredible to score a #1...It will be interesting to see what happens when the physical copies are released.

9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

so happy for them.

10. So great. When was the last time an album from our "scene" debuted at #1? I can't think of anything besides Paramore's s/t and the past two Fall Out Boy albums.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

:clap::clap::clap:

12. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Okay hear me out on this, I know it sounds crazy, but you know how people say they're America's Radiohead? Could it be that they're The Beatles of this scene? I mean, think of what they started off sounding like, how they got huge, the sound and style changes, and getting all weird/mysterious yet able to maintain an enthusiastic fan base. And like it was said at the top, no new album for 8 years, no formal announcement of the album release or press or insight into the making of the album, etc. On top of that, the quality of the album itself and the production is top-notch. I know it could be considered sacrilege to try and compare them to The Beatles, but I can't think of another band within this scene specifically to do what Brand New has done. it really is something special. I dunno, it was something that drunkenly crossed my mind this weekend haha

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

What a huge accomplishment!

14. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Just due of the magnitude of their impact on music & culture, the Beatles are on their own tier, and comparing any band or artist that's come to exist after them would be reaching.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  15. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I agree which is why i was hesitant to throw it out there, but I just meant within the parameters of this scene.

16. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Kinda like an NBA player contemplating retirement, and then being a main contributor toward a championship, Brand New will go for just 1 more album cycle? (Granted 8 years is a bigger commitment, I'm holding out hope...)

17. pianostuff

I REALLY do not care about albums charting. But this is kind of special just because of how they did it. I would like to know what this actually means for the band, other than just a neat accomplishment. What does a number one album translate into for a band like them? They are already so unique in how they handle their band. And this is supposedly their last album.

18. DesolateEarth

Birb

Amazing. So happy for them. Great album too

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

YES.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Very happy for them, they truly deserve it

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  21. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I'm struggling to get into this album as much as I did YFW/Deja/TDAG but I'm so happy to see this succeed, much deserved.

22. DesolateEarth

Birb

That's me and Daisy. It's the one brand new album I could never get into. I love this one already though

teebs41 likes this.
  23. The Format

Regular

Thanks for all the support guys. I made it to #1!

:scream::scream::scream:

24. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

YAAAAASSS

teebs41 likes this.
  25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Easily my very top record of the year. Album gives me all the feels and it's production is phenomenal as well. Mike Sapone FTW!!!

youwontknow likes this.