Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New to Release New Song on Friday • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 16, 2016.

1. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Fuck

2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

well hey - im sorry my post was hostile. everyones entitled to their own opinion. got too carried away i guess.

fenway89 likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Saw this site's news post pop up on my Facebook feed and proceeded to audibly exclaim loud enough for all 3 of my roommates to ask what was up. And I don't regret it one bit.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

All good. I just wanted to get the point across that I don't think Daisy is bad.. I just think it didn't meet its full potential. Between Mene and this 30 second clip (pretty ridiculous to type)- I am betting that this record will be better to me.

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I think the problem @KennedyBN has is that you aren't presenting it as your opinion. Saying the band "made poor choices" is not the same thing as saying the band "made choices I didn't agree with." The fact of the matter is the band made choices; just because you didn't love the result doesn't mean the choices were poor. Your opinion is that you don't agree with them, they aren't objectively poor. I see the same kind of sentiment in threads concerning any album Will Yip works on. People immediately rip on that guy even though the bands working with him made a creative decision to do so. That decision isn't objectively bad, it's just one they don't agree with. Same goes for you and Daisy.

Sure, Daisy is my least favorite Brand New album as well. But "Least Favorite Brand New Album" is like picking a least favorite episode of Breaking Bad; it's still better than 90% of what else is out there.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Well yeah, I will agree with you on that.

I guess my wording was not 100% correct so my bad.

7. Uknown76

Very interesting ! :-)

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Not an issue of whose "bad" it is. Just thought that there was some miscommunication and wanted to offer another interpretation of the situation. Sometimes it's easy to forget we're all fans, in the end, even when we disagree on certain things.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I wonder if this will be on the new album?

10. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Perhaps that's the 2017 single?

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I was wrong. The album's not coming out in 2018.... it's coming in 2026 because by then they will have released each of the 12 tracks once per year.

12. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Daisy has - far and away - the most replay value for me. I find I have to be in a specific mood for any if BN's first three records, but Daisy is perfect basically anytime.

On the other hand, now that someone mentions it, I realize it came out seven years ago and I now don't know what happened to the years I must have lost because holy crap does it not seem like it's been that long to me.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess I really do have to be in a specific mood for Devil & God too. Don't listen to the first two anymore

14. Yeah, Daisy isn't my favorite (ties for second depending on the day) but it easily gets the most replay value from me. I think it's aged very well, much better than Deja.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

For sure

16. KennyBloggins May 16, 2016
    (Last edited: May 17, 2016)
    Deja Vu (Entendu) - just saying the vibe is super Deja, whether you like it (I do) or not.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Sander

kflkmflkm

HOLY SHIT!!!!

18. I am so glad I finally got tickets to see them this tour cycle. 2016 will just not stop with great releases! Vocals definitely struck me as different, can't wait to hear the whole song for context on Friday. The chorus is killer!

fenway89 likes this.
  19. If the track after this isn't called "dressed like a daydream" the album loses three points.

20. LJ Rime

Regular

Daisy is my favorite album by Brand New and has been since its release. I find it to be a much more rewarding listen than any of their other work.

As for the sample of I Am A Nightmare, it doesn't really sound like anything on Deja Entendu. It sounds less experimental than Daisy, sure, but it sounds more like a song that would go on DaG, but in a similar vein as Not The Sun or Archers. Those two songs I can't imagine ever being on Deja either.

Mary V and AshlandATeam like this.
  21. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I'm a total night owl and am glad I got to participate in these threads right away, but I know once I go to sleep I'm going to wake up to too much to catch up on haha

22. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I really did not like that 30 second clip. Really hope the whole song is better than what the 30 seconds indicates. Haha

FTank likes this.
  23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Exactly how I feel to be honest it sounds in vein of Archers.

24. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry if this has been said already, don't have time to read through the thread yet, but the clip acts like its playing but I have no sound. Got through about half of it once before it cut out and now I getting nothing.

Either way, excited! Awesome that so early into Chorus's life we get new Blink and new Brand New to really breathe some life into the site and draw in some users.

25. Tata Toothy

Regular

Yup I believe meme was out in April of last year. So at this rate we will get a single a year and in 12 years will have a full cd.

I can't wait to hear this!!