Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New / The Front Bottoms / Modern Baseball Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 2, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Are these the only two dates we know?

10/13 - Rochester, NY @ Marina Jeep Arena at Main Street Armory
    10/31 - San Jose, CA @ San Jose Event Center

2. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I don't know...I think it would probably be an appropriate sized venue. The capacity at Nautica is about 5,000 and I think that this tour would pretty easily sell out there. The official capacity of Wolstein Center looks to be 13,610 but there would be some sections closed off I'd expect. So it'd probably be more in the 8,000-10,000 range. With popular supporting bands like they have, I could see it getting close to that.

The only show I've ever seen at Wolstein was Nine Inch Nails a few years back and the crowd there would be about the size of a crowd I'd expect at a Brand New show with good openers.

3. Chase

CAF

I know it's insane, but depending on the stage positioning they can cut back on a lot of seating/floor space. I just find it too strange that they decide to announce a show after months of not announcing anything on the same day as a Brand New announcement

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm starting to get AMPED up about this...this will be a HUGE let down if it's not them...

I've seen some BIG acts at Wolstein Center. Weezer in 2001 (height of their popularity), Stone Temple Pilots, Staind & Linkin Park in 2001, Foo Fighters and Weezer co-headlining tour in 2005, Green Day and MCR in 2005. I mean, Brand New is big, but not those kind of bands big.

We'll see.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

front bottoms have been playing 2k+ places and selling them out, and i feel like there's not an excessive amount of overlap plus TFB fans are rabid enough to go solely for an opening set

6. Emokid79

Regular

part of the reason i'm ok with it is one of the things I love about my location is I feel we are central to a lot of cities. So much like you i'll go 5-6 hours to see it.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

OK, OK, OK, I'M CONVINCED THIS IS COMING TO CLEVELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chase likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Looks like most of the venues of the leaked dates are capacity of 5K to 7K. Can't imagine Cleveland would get biggest venue on the tour. This is torture.

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

With this tour starting about a month after Riot Fest, I am not expecting a Chicago date but then again New Found Glory came to back Chicago one month after Riot Fest back in 2014.

10. TMS2787

Trusted

I saw them Tweet about it too but didn't pay it much mind. Venue holds 13,610 for a basketball game. I'm not sure what a concert would hold but I'm holding out hope. I've seen some big bands there and I feel like this venue is too big for this tour but who knows. I saw Gambino there and they moved the stage to close to the end of the floor and it cut out a ton of seats. Which they may do here. Not close to the end of the floor. But make it so it's like 8K. Let's hope. This two hours is going to suck.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I posted above, I've seen some MASSIVE bands play at Wolstein: Weezer, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park, Staind (at the time were HUGE), Green Day (with MCR).

I can't imagine Brand New playing there. But this is just too coincidental. Now my problem is, the Rochester show is Oct 13, which means if there were a Cle show, it'd be right before or after that date and I'm booked Oct. 14/15 for a wedding. This is AWFUL. Looks like tour is moving East to West, so it'd probably be that weekend.

12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Either way I hope it's Cleveland or Pittsburgh. All three bands put on fun live shows, and this isn't a tour I want to miss out on. The Petersen Events Center is also an option for it if they're going slightly larger. When the Taste of Chaos tour came through, it was there.

13. chyleban

*nods silently*

14. TMS2787

Trusted

I caught that post. I was at Green Day / MCR too, I had "obstructed view" and that sucked. I saw Nine Inch Nails / Explosions In The Sky there, KoRn (back in the day), Drake (right after Take Care). It's a smaller arena but a bigger venue for them. But I hope it's happening and I hope it's a date you can go.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

16. Matthew

Regular

Maybe they're hitting canada? Or Maine/NH?

17. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

This is going to be such a letdown if the announcement is for something other than Brand New!

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's so weird, normally I'd say zero percent chance they'd ever play there, but at the same time, what are the chance that both entities are announcing a tour at noon? So weird.

19. m32137

Regular

On Ticketmaster:

11/5 - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete Street Amphitheater
    11/7 - Birmingham, AL - Alabama Theatre

Kevin360 likes this.
  20. himynameisdakota

Regular

P l z F l o r i d a

Matthew, Kevin360 and TylerDrumming like this.
  21. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

22. oldboot

Regular

I would cry endless tears of joy if they came to Maine, but I could never see it. Though I would imagine there must be at least one New England date on this tour.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So are we pretty much certain ticket sales will begin Friday (with potential presales tomorrow?)? Just need to make sure they won't actually go on sale today because I'm stepping out of the office soon.

24. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Presale is probably today on SoundRink. At noon.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Damn.