Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New / The Front Bottoms / Modern Baseball Tour • Page 27

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Aug 2, 2016.

1. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I have a floor ticket to the Allentown show on Friday. Selling for face value, message me if interested.

2. walshknilb281

Jaws in Portland

3. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

My girlfriend and I are taking our second road trip to see Brand New this year to see the show in Birmingham tonight. She's a big Front Bottoms fan also, so it was a no-brainer.

loveisarisk likes this.
  4. shea Nov 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 7, 2016)
    shea

RIP Supporter

Birmingham venue is fancy as shit.

Mixtape
    Sic transit
    Spin light
    Boy
    Tommy gun
    Pcts

TDAG

This band has never sounded better. The stage show is incredible. I fucking love them so much.

redwing91007 and inwaves like this.
  5. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Just realized the tickets for the Greenville show were either general floor or general bowl and of course I ended up with general bowl. Oh well, hopefully the sight lines are decent, I'm just stoked I get to see them play Archers live.

6. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I saw them in seats that were actually pretty far back in CT, and it was actually really awesome to just watch and appreciate the madness that is TDAG. Between brand new just being amazing live, and the crazy light show they had I think that with a show like this it doesn't matter where you are, as long as your in the building your in for a treat

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Oh yeah for sure it'll be awesome no matter what. I mean I've seen them a slightly embarrassing number of times but it's just I haven't seen them from seats in such a large venue since they opened for Dashboard Confessional years ago. I've become a big fan of the lighting during their shows so I can't to experience that where I'm not squashed up against the barricade or staring at the back of someone's head.

8. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

TFB movie looks like point break which is really going to distract me cause it's my favorite

Edit: it is point break. What a night!!!'

loveisarisk, collin512 and local_corn like this.
  9. timcsheehan

Regular

really interesting how much more a of a reaction old Modern Baseball songs got than the new ones. I like The Front Bottoms but don't listen to them much, but they were great and sounded phenomenal.

Brand New is just the best.

10. zack33107

Regular

Have one floor ticket for tomorrow night in Allentown. Face Value-54

Can meet at the venue

11. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

I was pleasantly surprised by how good the sound was during the show so I took some video during Brand New's set for my friend who couldn't make it and the sound is insanely clear for an arena show. Major kudos to whoever is in charge of the sound for this tour.

Also Jesse knocking the mic away from his own face during Archers and his reaction might be one of my favorite show moments, at least up there with when he started quoting lines from The Dark Knight in Chicago.

12. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Which TDK lines? That's my favorite film of all time.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Sorry for the delayed response, I remember him saying the "you don't want to hurt the boy, Harvey" line in Bale Batman voice and some other lines from that scene. I'll have to ask my friend if she remember exactly what else he said.

Kevin360 likes this.
  14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Jesse threw in parts of the Monster Mash during "Degausser" last night in DC. He's been doing it since Halloween, apparently.

15. shea

RIP Supporter

Didn't do it in Birmingham that I recall. I was kind of hoping for it, haha.

16. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Contrary to the opinions of most people on this site, I think Modern Baseballs first two albums are way better than their new one. Yeah they're a little corny and too on the nose but that's part of what I like about them.

17. timcsheehan

Regular

I like both of the old records a lot. The response was just overwhelmingly more during those songs. it was like a different band was playing. i thought they sounded better on the newer songs though.

18. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Can anyone see what movie TFB are playing I'm too far to see

19. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Just got back from Allentown. Show was amazing, Brand New as a whole was really on point but Vin especially killed it. The emotions he can create with his guitar are so fucking powerful. Their jam sessions were the best I've ever seen them, and were probably the best performances I've ever heard for Bangkok and Untitled.

Oh also got flowers from the mic stand that Jesse threw into the crowd.

local_corn likes this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

They sounded great tonight. I'd have more to say but I'm exhausted.

So since they've been playing Not The Sun, has anyone figured out what jesse is singing in that 2nd chorus before the bridge? Haha

21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Show was awesome last night. Pretty bizarre to see mobo and the front bottoms in a place that big/with that kind of light setup.

22. SavesTheNight

Newbie Prestigious

pretty excited for tonight. I am actually thrilled to have seats for the show. I never was a fan of standing for hours during concerts (says the old man in me)

23. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

I was shocked at how well the show sold in Allentown. Packed house.

Modern Baseball sounded their best on Holy Ghost songs but the crowd reaction to those songs was weak. Huge reaction to old stuff. Going to be tough for them to decide how to proceed. I'm thinking they are gonna stick with the Holy Ghost sound since the set was heavy on those songs. Bummed they didn't play Face.

Front Bottoms killed it. Crowd was digging all of the songs. Huge sing a long to "The Beers". Their production was neat and loved the house party vibe.

Brand New played the Mixtape/Deja set. Still think that should have been after Devil and God. Wished there was more variety in the first set and maybe extend it by one or two songs. It was just odd going from that to Devil and God.

The production on Devil and God was amazing. They used lights in unique ways to complement the songs. Jesse using his guitar to reflect the light was really cool. The interludes/transitions were great. Limo into You Won't Know is by far the highlight of the show. They were loud and aggressive through the album.

Glad I went to the show and think it was a hell of a show for the price. Looking forward to seeing what they plan for the next two years.

24. TMS2787

Trusted

Chicago HOB 2008? That's exactly what he said.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Vin was the one doing it in here. was pretty cool