Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Takes Aim at Number One • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 21, 2017.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Like the play counts on spotify? What do you normal listen to? haha 50k is nothing for streaming and that's the highest anything on this has.

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

So proud of them. I hope this happens. They deserve it.

3. Clark

@yttebkralc Prestigious

I mean... Daisy was like #6. That's not too bad. And TDAG sold like 60K first week (though that was eleven years ago).

teebs41 likes this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My unrealistic hope is:

Jesse was so reluctant to release a new album because he's so self conscious about the reaction to it, especially after Daisy.
    They scrapped an entire album because of this, and Jesse finally realized "Fuck it, not gonna try and write a Brand New album, just gonna make the music I like and release it and if they like it good if not I'm done anyway"
    Science Fiction's reception shows him that, at this point, the fan base will be more than happy for him to keep doing that.
    He decides "oh, okay...lemme do that again"

A MAN CAN DREAM

5. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, but still, #6 is not #1.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Is it too late to still get a Best New Artist VMA?

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I remember Paramore getting that in like 2008 lol.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Looking through my artists on there, I guess I was really underestimating the play counts, as there weren't nearly as many below 50k as I thought. I must have just coincidentally been listening to a lot small bands recently, like Meat Wave, A Sunny Day in Glasgow, Republic of Wolves, Captain We're Sinking, and Boys Night Out to name a few. Although some artist counts surprised me with both highs and lows, like Thursday's counts were surprisingly low (a lot of songs were less than 200k), while Seahaven having so many songs over 1 million surprised me too. It's an interesting exercise to get a better sense of band popularity - or at least bands' fans' propensity for streaming music.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty sure they never did...

10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Just looked it up, yeah, they were just nominated.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I thought you might've been underestimating just a little haha. Bands like Thursday are so low because people didn't really stream a ton until recently, so older albums don't have as many. It is interesting to look at all that though.

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

This is so awesome for them. Album is too good.

13. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Don't we find out today if it's number 1?

14. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious