Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Send Out New Press Release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brand New have sent out another typed press release through Procrastinate! Music Traitors. You can find the full thing below, but the main information is that an album is coming, no date is given, and that the band will release another single from it this summer.

[​IMG]

2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Wooo. Wasn't sure we'd definitely get an album, so this is great.

3. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

THE END OF ALL WORDS.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Enough with the singles. Just drop the album!

In all seriousness, not a fan of hearing 4 tracks of an album before the release date.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I got an email of this for some reason.

6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Rejoice!!1

7. Buy something from their store?

8. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

Yeah, because I bought a shirt and one of the lyric books from them a while back.

9. CMilliken

Trusted

I hate this about releases now days! Give me one single and let that soak in until the release. I want to listen to the album as a whole.

10. CMilliken

Trusted

So with another song being released from the album this summer I'm starting to think we won't see the album released until Fall.

11. delvec19

Trusted

Eh so what, we've waited this long..

coleslawed likes this.
  12. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Well there's that

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Procrastinate is a fitting name.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, not really new information but it's nice to have it confirmed. We've lready heard 2/3 tracks from it though, with I Am A Nightmare & Sealed To Me (live anyway), plus maybe Mene.

15. What if the album is only a couple songs, I am a Nightmare (maybe Sealed to Me and Mene?) and some 25 minute jam session? Then we could have the whole album this summer, haha. Seems like a Brand New thing to do (not that I'm serious).

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Just imagine if it was a Mellon Collie style 28 songs masterpiece.

fadingfast and coleslawed like this.
  17. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

These press releases are getting absurd. Like, I couldn't imagine a more Brand New way to officially announce their album than this.

Would laugh even harder if this thing drops day and date with the seven-year anniversary of Daisy's release (September 22). It's a Thursday so it could happen at midnight that night (technically the 23rd but still). This press release seems to confirm it won't be out until the fall so why not one last epic troll move as it actually comes out.

18. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

So I'll be buying another vinyl single soon I'm guessing ..

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

That's the thing... I don't think that I have. Unless their merch company sells for other bands too, and I bought something else maybe...

20. fadingfast

It is nice to see that it is an LP, even though I assumed that it was, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was an EP.

21. Saephon

Regular

Yeah, definitely. I'm reluctant to get my hopes up too high when it comes to Brand New, which is why I try to stay away from the obsessively crazy rumor mill, and just look out for their official statements.

22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Patiently waiting...