Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New - Science Fiction (August 17, 2017) [ARCHIVED] Album • Page 118

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. goation

Regular

Same Logic is my early favorite but it's going to take a lot of listened for me not to think the really low backing vocals aren't goofy

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Hah word. I was cooking dinner and wasn't sure where one song ended and the other began

3. wearethedead

missing out

Just went back to remind myself of the part you're talking about - another of my favourite parts on this whole album. Oh and the end of No Control, where it sounds as though you're walking down the corridor of their studio/rehearsal room. So many cool little details that make this album more than just a "great album". It genuinely feels special.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. blakebeats

Trusted

I don't expect the album to be in stores tomorrow but I'm going to store to buy the new Neck Album tomorrow so it would be an amazing surprise if Science Fiction was at the store as well!

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Beginning of "Could Never be Heaven" is on some serious Pink Moon shit

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  6. seangt323

i was gonna get the vinyl but if it doesnt come with it ill buy digital too..i thought digital wasnt being released til october

7. foomanfat

Regular

Liking this a lot. Gonna be a grower, still. 451 and Batter Up are my favorites.

No one cares, but Daisy may be my favorite BN album, even though it has their worst song on it.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Really hitting me hard that "Batter Up" could likely be the last new song we ever hear from these guys. Man, what a send off.

JamesToTheSurface likes this.
  9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I can't believe there's a song called out of mana I'm telling you that's a wow reference I've heard Jesse plays wow and the biblical word usually is manna but can be mana but I like my interpretation better

coleslawed, Joe4th, dadbolt and 2 others like this.
  10. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

I dunno. I just bought it and it let me download so I say go for the digital now

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Any purchase comes with an instant download from what I saw.

coleslawed and KidLightning like this.
  12. goation

Regular

That's why it took 8 years?? Jesse couldn't get off fucking WoW smh

13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I think it's also a callback to Manchester Orchestra. They use extremely similar riffs in that song.

JamesToTheSurface likes this.
  14. Digital release is now / vinyl/physical is october

15. timcsheehan

Regular

Oh man i cant wait for the podcast. This is worthy of a Jason, Thomas, Drew reunion episode right?!

Saephon, Aregala and Tomar Re like this.
  16. "Desert" gives me creepy The Leftovers vibes for some reason.

17. For sure

18. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Or the surfboard...Vin was too busy doing soundbaths, Garrett was skydiving and Brian was finding himself at Joshua Tree

coleslawed likes this.
  19. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

I'm from New Zealand and Mana is a word the Maori (indigenous) use to describe power within one's self i.e., charisma.

JukeboxRomeo likes this.
  20. Kmil

Trusted

Wow, 4 songs in and I already enjoy it more then I ever enjoyed Daisy. I'm more into when Brand New slows things down and this seems like the perfect record when it comes to that.

mattylikesfilms and KidLightning like this.
  21. blakebeats

Trusted

Why is the album not shipping until October? :/

I'll just wait to see if it comes in Stores then or buy it in October

22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

@Jason Tate is this the fastest growing thread in Chorus’ (admittedly short) history?

coleslawed likes this.
  23. I'd say there's very little chance this is in stores tomorrow. Shit woulda leaked out.

24. May be. Blink was huge too. I can run numbers tomorrow

KidLightning likes this.
  25. blakebeats

Trusted

Mana is the Biblical word for Bread

So I'm not convinced on the WOW theory. I think it makes more sense to be the Biblical word or one of the other ideas people already quoted you with.

Jason Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.