Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New - Science Fiction (August 17, 2017) [ARCHIVED] Album • Page 1721

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the people always deserve blame, the fact that people are letting older artists off the hook because people's reactions were different before is wrong. we should hold everyone accountable the same way

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

bowie literally pursued an underage girl until she slept with him. and then dated her on and off for a decade. that seems like grooming and then actually sleeping with an underage girl to me. thats what jesse did but with another, worse, thing done as well.

KidLightning likes this.
  3. cwhit

hey look what three people all liked my last post! looks like we're all on the same page now!

Nick and KidLightning like this.
  4. straylightrunner

Regular

But there's nuance. I don't see ANY of these stories that we saw on that article include grooming. Most of those artists are stuff pre-Beatles other than Stones making a music that is about underage girls(?!) that I never even heard about.

5. cwhit

what makes it different between david bowie and jimmy paige and mick jagger having sex with a 15 year old who was open to it with jesse lacey soliciting pictures from underaged girls who thought that's what they wanted as well?

vidiviciveni likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

tell straylightrunner, who has me blocked for no reason, the bowie allegations sound an awful lot like grooming

7. straylightrunner

Regular

I don't know the details. I don't know the ages that these musicians were when it happened. I don't know if it was something that lead their own or something that happened without the musicians actually being aware of the victims ages. I do know that Lacey pursued underage kids though. That doesn't excuse Bowie's, Paige's or Jagger's actions by the way, I'm just saying that I do see nuance here.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

(if you dont know the details about those artists maybe you shouldnt speak on them)

9. cwhit

these girls were 14 and 15 and these artists were in their 20s and 30s and sometimes even older, and were passed around from rocker to rocker

RuckerPark, Ken and Wharf Rat like this.
  10. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

@straylightrunner your righteous indignation isn't very righteous when your upset that someone compared two people who did the same thing.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. cwhit

hello?

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Darn, was hoping this thread was deleted for good.

13. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Nooooooooooo

ChaseTx likes this.
  14. cwhit

i lost 600ish posts from that delete
    and like 1000 likes

15. I have closed/archived this thread. It's reached 42k posts, and it's time. A thread just about the band can be found here, and a chat thread about music and stuff can be found here.

I think this period of time and the conversations in here around what happened with the band is important to save for posterity and their legacy.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.