Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New - Science Fiction (August 17, 2017) [ARCHIVED] Album • Page 1615

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

@Kingjohn_654 @DejaMoi @bachna84 @teebs41 @phillyfradet @Larry David @ComedownMachine @KidLightning @Mary V @KennedyBN @littlejohn @fame @Yasqueen4 @fenway89 @Dirty Sanchez and whoever other wonderful users contributed daily to this thread. Whether debating what to eat for your lunch, more serious discussion, or every other schtick/meme made along the way, watching an album thread evolve into our own little sub-culture of chorus.fm was a privilege. All of you brought a unique personality to the conversation, making this zany ensemble cast posting a lot of fun to read and a worthy break from life's stress over the past 3 months. Thanks for being positive members of the community and giving some of us a supportive escape.

awwgereee, DejaMoi, Mary V and 18 others like this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I really do appreciate this thread for the happy moments. Hopefully we all find ourselves in a new one that isn't tainted.

Where else could I have posted this and got 20 likes?

3. marioeatworld Nov 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 12, 2017)
    marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

Given the nature of his lyrics, I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy their music again. Every single Brand New song has a taken on a new meaning, and it's digusting.

I used to wonder about what I'd do once Brand New was over. But seriously, there is sooo much good music out there. I don't need them.

(Edit: spelling.)

Youarcade likes this.
  4. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

You're welcome.

5. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I bought 3 versions of Science Fiction on vinyl and the white AU has yet to arrive. I don't know what I want to do with these at this point......... :sly:

6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

It is very flattering to be tagged among those other great posters. We need to start a new chat thread somewhere. You're one of my favorite posters here. Definitely top 5.

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

thanks me too

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I still think there's going to be at least one major publication that compiles several detailed firsthand accusations into an article within the week. If/when that happens, everything will be canceled.

9. achoiceofthree

I don't care about your band.

navidson, awwgereee, Mary V and 15 others like this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I've spent the last 30 minutes writing, erasing, and rewriting a new comment to vent my emotions a little more, but I think instead I need to step away from this thread for a day. Making me too upset and angry. Not even gonna bring it up with friends anymore cuz some of their responses are pissing me off too.

I need to head out and get a drink lol

11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, band is done

12. circasurviver

Trusted

Out of all my years on AP and Chorus, this thread has been the most meaningful and memorable experience. I’ve had the pleasure of communicating with, and getting to know some truly amazing people.

I’ve decided to cut all ties to this band, including social media pages, and online forums. I’m sure I’ll see you all around in other threads, and I look forward to the hilarious and or interesting conversations we will have.

Smell ya later!

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really proud of Kevin for that. Actually sticking to your principles when it causes you pain or even harm is when it matters the absolute most. Interesting that this seems to imply that the shows will still be happening and that's kind of a shock.

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I think that even though there's obviously a sizable amount of the fanbase that is disgusting and won't care, will still go to their shows, etc... They're not going to be able to carry on. I will be SHOCKED if the upcoming overseas shows aren't canceled, and I certainly don't see any after them. It's been pretty clearly established that this was a pattern of behavior, which means more is probably still going to come to light. The statement likely just opened the floodgates further for more victims to step forward. They're done.

15. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I'm trying to write a song about all of this because I really need to turn these emotions into something at least kind of useful.

16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I think this community needs a new thread, and a breath of fresh air.

17. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

I don’t want to go on another BB tangent but him posting that is highly ironic when TWIABP kicked out a band member for essentially that very reason.
    Thank you as well! I think it’s time to start actually exploring more of this forum

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Brand New has to cancel now I would think.

Bloodsucker II and beachdude42 like this.
  19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Same! I started working on a song about idols and assault

20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Please PM me when you finish. I'd love to hear it.

ComedownMachine likes this.
  21. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I've always used Stranglehold by Ted Nugent as example how I can enjoy a song no matter the actions of the person, but this is dramatically worse than being a racist gunloving piece of shit.

Just awful all around

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Well at least we still have Shone guys.

austincohen and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  23. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’d like to hear both your efforts when you feel comfortable enough

ImAMetaphor and ComedownMachine like this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ryan Hunter of Envy on the Coast

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly why him throwing the sex addiction garbage in there as a smokescreen pisses me off so much. Him being a terrible partner / husband who can't keep it in his pants is between him and his wife and has nothing to do with the issue of sexually abusing a child. It is the same as Kevin Spacey using coming out as gay as a diversion to change the narrative from what he had done to an underage person. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.