Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Release New EP, ‘3 Demos, Reworked’ • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2016.

1. AutopilotYears

Regular

it's not, the press release specifically said that I am a Nighmare was from the upcoming release, so since that's not on there we can assume this isn't the one they were referring to.

DeRRek likes this.
  2. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Yes.

s12sim likes this.
  3. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Man, I hope they release their new record this way. Announce it and then just put it online in full the very next day.

These demo reworkings are pretty cool, but still just another form of Brand New Blue Balls...

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've been saying for about 3 or 4 years now that I think that's how it will be released, considering that's how they've been releasing the majority of their info lately (tours, one-off shows, demos). It's more of a 'oh hey, we're coming out of the blue to announce this, by the way it goes on sale in 10 minutes" type of thing.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I have that one but I wasn't sure if it was reworked from the FOYD demos or just remastered?

6. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

if they do this, they need to have like a text alert sign up because they'll most likely announce when I'm at work and not on the internet to catch it.

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

There's a reworked one and a remastered one.

8. ohitsjustrob

"The only truth is music." Supporter

Im loving these new takes on the demos, Brand New can do no wrong. I just really want the newest version of Nobody Moves to be made available again since i missed it the first and only time.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ahhh gotcha.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm sure if and when they release their new album, there will be PLENTY of vinyl copies and obviously, available digitally as well. You can still get the demo tapes anywhere. Online and they're selling them on tour. They've repressed Deja and Devil and God enough that those are pretty easy to come by nowadays too. The initial announcement may have a limited vinyl release, but in due time, I trust they'll keep making copies.

dylan likes this.
  11. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

haha yeah, I'm sure. I was mostly being facetious

12. DeRRek

Trusted

Haha. Thank god. Could you imagine the reaction if that was all we were getting from brand new in 2016?!

13. Ska Senanake

Trusted

How can you not tell??? Different vox, drums, and guitar! Throughout!

14. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Its floating around the interwebs.

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this. I think all of the records + the Demo cassettes are available at Urban Outfitters right now.

16. Kevin360

Aaron Mook and KidLightning like this.
  17. Keller

Sort of correct - the version of Nobody Moves on the cassette is an alternate take, not a full rework like these versions. Still qualifies as a demo.

18. klaszlogt

I wish they'd do more with "aloc-acoc" instead of brothers, personally.

19. Kevin360

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Same here. aloc-acoc is probably one of my favorite Brand New songs.

DeRRek likes this.
  21. klaszlogt

Same

DeRRek likes this.
  22. DeRRek

Trusted

That's me ordered the 3 demos reworked 10" from banquet records :) adding it to my collection. Have Deja and devil. Going to get YFW next

23. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

What more can they do with Coca-Cola? It's a finished song. Nobody Moves is also a finished song at this point.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. Definitely going to be grabbing the 10" and 7". $24.99 for both (shipping included) ain't bad to complete my Brand New collection (for now).

NationalPhenomenon and DeRRek like this.
  25. klaszlogt

It'd be nice if they put it on streaming services. Those lyric are great, and I think that songs been largely overlooked.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.