Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Release New EP, ‘3 Demos, Reworked’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 12, 2016.

1. k2v1m

Newbie Supporter

I'm totally blown away by this version of Missing You. It's been one of my favorites since demo form but damn, this is just incredible.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. atlastitsok

Regular

It's amazing how excited I still get for most anything brand new related. It just hits me on such a different level - listening to the new brothers gives me shivers.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. k2v1m

Newbie Supporter

First crack at the bridge to Missing You. Thoughts?

How many kids did we have? / How many hearts did we shape? / How many prisons did we break out? / How much love did we make? / How much more do we make? / How much love do we make? / How much more did we make? / How much love did we make?

4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Digging the reworks.

5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed these.

6. Holy shit, new bridge/outro of "Missing You" is amaaaazing

I'd like a copy of the "I Am a Nightmare" 10", but at least it'll be on the full-length. This I will definitely be purchasing on vinyl.

teebs41 likes this.
  7. EasyBang

There are some things to like here, but I still prefer the Leaked Demos 2006 collection that was just released. I think the contrast between the verses and chorus in that version of "Missing You" works a lot better than what's going on here, it's got that grungy quiet/loud element and everything. "How much love did we make?" is a great line though, that bridge is really cool.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

These are amazing. Need time to digest how i feel they compared to the demos. Regardless, its really cool to see a band revisit material a decade later and see how they would present that material now.

9. Saephon

Regular

Anyone else think the full band instrumentation of Brothers sounds like a "Republic of Wolves" song? We've come full circle hahaha.

fenway89 and Pseudo! like this.
  10. suppyguppy

Regular

Everything sounds great. Was hoping for Good Man as that's my favorite Brand New song but in a way I'm ok with the demo version being it. Perfect song.

serotonin likes this.
  11. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Man, these are awesome.

That being said, I find it weird that they are selling the Digital EP with the original demo songs considering that a large majority of Brand New fans just recently bought the 2006 Leaked Demos. I'm not complaining about them being on the vinyl release though... and I'd buy the 2006 Leaked Demos again if they showed up there too.

12. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

just beautiful

13. bristphili

that new version of Brothers is my favourite one yet. The acoustic one is amazing, but the drums and guitar work in this new one almost make it a whole new song for me. the other two are phenomenal as well

teebs41 and atticusfinch like this.
  14. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Blank face!

15. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

It just has lyrics to "I am a nightmare" on the back of it.

16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I expect half the new album to be these demos.

17. Brand New could re-release these demos in different forms forever and I'd be pretty happy.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Doubtful. I think they wanted to package these up to close the loop on different eras. Makes sense that they reworked the 3 demos that had the most potential from FOYD. Pretty sure Mene was based on a demo that never leaked and out of range is a demo that leaked back in like 2013 or something so it makes sense they r together.

I do have to say i really wish there was some piano in the new version of 1996. I think i may like the original better because i loved that piano so much. Still unbelievable though. All 3 sounds great.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Delysid

Regular

these are perfect. those glassy guitar tones in brothers. The mix is so nice and everything is so tight and polished sounding. Very satisfying to listen to after all these years.

20. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

stop giving me blue balls and release an album already! Procrastinate is a great name for the label

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

God that version of Brothers is insanely good. Love the Jesus Christ vibe on the guitars. Missing You is simply one of their catchiest songs, the chorus is brilliant and I love the menacing vibes. 1996 is good too but it's not my favourite of theirs.

Guessing they rerecorded all of them, and are releasing them similar to how MCR released Dangerous Weapons. Good Man is one I wanted most anyway so I can only hope.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. DeRRek

Trusted

Love the new versions of these 3 songs however, I'm really hoping this isn't that "release" that was confirmed to be out this year that procrastinate sent out by email. Haha.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Sounds cool but I would have loved a reworked "Nobody Moves". That's my favorite track off FOYD personally.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

there is one. it's on the cassette.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  25. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

There does exist a Nobody Moves (Reworked), and it's stellar.

Ska Senanake likes this.