Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Posts Up Some New Vinyl

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I can't wait 8 days to hear Out of Range!!!

3. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Really hoping I can pick these up at their show in Austin.

4. efp722

Regular

YFW, Deja, Devil and God, and Daisy are up there too. Wasn't there yesterday.

5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

I can't keep track of all these one-off and re-recorded songs... isn't out of range already out there? Or is that a demo that is being re-recorded?

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Frankly, I think this is starting to get a bit out of control with all the one-off releases. I assumed Mene and Nightmare were going to be on the new album, so why would I want to purchase them separately on vinyl, when I can just wait for the full-length vinyl (hey, it's only been 7 years - what's a few more months)? I get that most of these are probably going to be collector items at this point, but all these separate releases are getting a little out of hand. I'd love for ALL the demos to be released together on one vinyl, but apparently that isn't going to happen.

7. CMilliken

Trusted

Picked up the Reworked Demos and Mene 7". They really know how to make me spend my money.

8. AutopilotYears

Regular

i would definitely pick up all 3 of the newer vinyl releases (3 demos, Mene/Out of Range and I am a Nightmare)... if the shipping didn't cost $36 to Canada...

9. AutopilotYears

Regular

Out of Range was a B-side for Daisy (i think, or TDAGARIM) that was never released but somehow leaked. That being said, the leak is pretty low quality and there's no word on whether this is just a higher quality version of what we've already heard or whether its a re-recording.

10. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I don't want tracks. I want an album.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  11. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

So don't buy the tracks? Wait until the album that they have said is coming and you'll be happy. For plenty of Brand New fans these are awesome releases that just enhance the discography and deepen it.

12. Phillip

BOO

I almost bought Mene just to get Out of Range, but I'm going to hold off for a little tiny bitty bit. I wonder if it's better quality, though.

13. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I vastly prefer the original demos to the re-worked versions. I don't think a real album is coming.

14. Connor

You are wrong on the second part, and I can't disagree more in the first

15. Muzick

An album full of tracks.

coleslawed and CMilliken like this.
  16. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Just release an album already plz

17. Connor

"You'll get it when it's finished"

18. CMilliken

Trusted

Reworked demos would have sounded so good on TDAG. Wish they'd release a deluxe of that album the way they intended to release it before the leaks.

Ska Senanake and fenway89 like this.
  19. Ska Senanake

Trusted

That would be amazing. Tracklist after Handcuffs:

Good Man (demo)
    Brothers
    (Fork and Knife)
    Missing You
    Nobody Moves (prime)
    Coca cola (just because!!!)

CMilliken likes this.
  20. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

They could've easily released one of the best double albums during that era. Heck, you could consider the leaked demos to be disc 2, especially now with the inclusion of the reworked/re-recorded ones.

21. efp722

Regular

Just ordered Your Favorite Weapon, Deja, Devil, and Daisy on vinyl. color me fucking stoked.

coleslawed and CMilliken like this.
  22. CMilliken

Trusted

I'd be all for that. Or even if some of the demos were suppose to be between songs already on TDAG they could rearrange it the way they wanted it to be. The whole album would look different. Track listing could be different and if be completely fine with that. They album is already one of the best the genre has ever seen. Just wish we would have seen it the way they really wanted to release it. The fact that Jesse sees it as an incomplete album sucks.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Ska Senanake

Trusted

If FYOD never got released, who knows how it would have shaped up. But just think, what if jesus christ never made the final track listing? Or degausser? Or any of them lol. Everything happens for a reason and now we have all these songs remade all these year later. Feels pretty complete to me. And lets face it, jesse would probably have felt it wasnt complete no matter what. The man is a perfectionist and they clearly like TDAGARIM the most of all their albums.

24. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Does anybody else find it weird that they went through the trouble of releasing Nightmare on 12" by itself and then released Mene b/w Out of Range on a 7"? It just seems.. I don't know. The Nightmare vinyl is one of the weirdest records I own. 180g but then only 33rpm. You could have fit another 15+ minutes of anything on there.

While we're at it, put those Daisy Sessions out and on vinyl. Thanks, I appreciate it.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I think they wanted to try something new with the lyrics etched on the backside.