Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Not Playing Music For Anyone Except Themselves • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 2, 2016.

1. NotBruce

Regular

You guys are funny.

2. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

Not sure where you're going with that one. I'm totally fine with all of Brand New's albums thus far. I'm a fan of the minds that compromise the thing we know as "Brand New", regardless of what musical or artistic journey they want to take us on.

When a creative stops making art or retires....that's a "death", of a certain variety imo. Mind's, that I appreciate, are no longer going to be putting out material. The weight and sadness of that....will be different for everyone :). Sure, you can always listen to their old music....nobody said you couldnt. I listen to their albums very frequently. But once a band stops existing, personally, their discography feels different to me.

OotyPa likes this.
  3. ttmessick

I never really expected to get to the point I'm at with these guys. I'll always like their music but I just have no interest in following all the games and cryptic messages while nothing happens. I haven't even listened to the new stuff. I think them not seeming to care anymore has made me not care. Maybe that's what they want?

OotyPa likes this.
  4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Yeah its really discouraging and probably leaks into my subjective listening experience when it comes to the new stuff

5. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Apparently telling your fans you are gonna break up in two years so your fans can have time to see you one last time is rude? How dare they let fans know their plans ahead of time!

6. Tylar Jun 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2016)
    Tylar

Hmm, so they weren't before? They always struck me as a band that already did whatever they wanted anyway

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

They made my favorite album ever in TDAG so I thank them for that and whatever they do is cool with me lol.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. TBok

Haven't cared a ton since Deja. I'm sure they think it's hilarious or whatever, cuz I just can't see them actually taking themselves that seriously.

9. BelieF

Regular

I don't know what is harder to believe that, Lacey comes up with these sorts of things and everyone agrees it's a good idea or that they all come up with these stunts together.

10. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

The first part was referencing bands change in style and sound as their music progresses....or regresses depending on your style. My point was people love bands so much for a particular album or certain songs that they often want that replicated in someway, when instead a band branches out, it's not what fans were expecting or hoping for. This wasn't a direct shot at Brand New, but a general viewpoint on the industry as a whole.

As to your second point, I feel that's a bit dramatic. Death is final, so long as the creative minds still exist they can still produce. It might suck that they might not produce together again, but that doesn't mean their creative talents are gone. Sometimes other productions are even better. People act when certain bands break up as if all their music will vanish from the face of the planet in some massive recall to be burned. Whatever they did or made to make you a fan is etched in your history and most likely will never change. If Brand New went on hiatus for the rest of time at this very moment, it would have no bearing on the creativity they have produced you already have grown to love. You might appreciate it a little more.

Being sad that a band is disbanding is understandable when you have come to enjoy so much of their material. But the freaking out I personally find funny.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Breaking up and doing a goodby stour type thing for fans isn't a "stunt"