Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Limited Vinyl Facing a Delay • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 31, 2017.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Don't place this on Brand New, vinyl faces delays aaaall the time

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

well the thing is (which people i don't think are seeing) is that the standard is done. if the limited was just another variant it would be done too. it's either something completely wacky variantwise or there is more to the assembly than the other versions

3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

@pauljgreco People are ready for those vinyl intricacies now. I know one guy in particular...

4. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I think what probably happened, since the standard is just an unlimited black pressing;
    They more than likely sent the orders to suppliers first when they got the original batch of vinyl back (Amazon/indie stores/etc.) and at first assumed they would receive the rest in time to ship out by the end of October. They obviously weren't going to send the people who originally ordered their's first and miss out on the opportunity to have a ton of new purchases while on tour/in record shops/etc. So they dealt with all that first and now we are waiting for our orders that unfortunately got delayed in a second batch of pressing. If that's what happened, I can't blame them for doing all that first and leaving us to receive last as long as they originally expected us to get our orders by the end of the month.

Regardless, I'm so damn excited to see what the limited is and to finally be able to spin this.

Bryan Diem and coleslawed like this.
  5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Is this how things normally go? Why wouldn't they prepare against it? And why wouldn't they make this information public instead of just leaving people who ordered right away wait extra long?

6. mattylikesfilms Nov 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

After waiting 9 fucking years for Science Fiction... I would be fine if they delayed it till January in all honesty.

I’ll only be pissed if the Limited Edition is simply a color variant and that’s it. Considering that it cost 3x the price of a regular edition.. it has to be something special.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. xburningcoffin

KC

I also assume all preorders will arrive late, that’s not really the issue here. It’s that there are actually copies, at Barnes and Noble of all places, available all over the place and people that preordered still haven’t even gotten a shipping update. I don’t agree with how retail gets some special treatment above the fan base that actually supports you. When are bands just going to press the Records and then when they are in-hand start the preorder process. I get that they are getting money upfront to pay for the pressing. It’s still aggravating.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Ironically enough, I just got an order from merchnow, it arrived quickly and was exactly what I ordered. What a pleasant surprise

xburningcoffin likes this.
  9. cwhit

because the special edition isn't just a vinyl variant, theres something different making this pressing taking longer, otherwise they would have had plenty of copies by now

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

While I agree with you there, I think their point is that the band also hasn't shipped the standard black copies from their store

11. cwhit

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

As far as I know nobody in the Science Fiction thread has received the standard from procrastinate yet, just CDs. But I could be wrong

13. xburningcoffin

KC

They are starting to ship the standard black now, it’s frustrating that there have been black ones in stores for 2 weeks while the fans that preordered are still waiting. the Limited vinyl is prolly just the last trolling attempt before they call it quits, I didn’t get one of those, if I had I would be understanding that it’s different from the standard version.

14. xburningcoffin

KC

15. cwhit

well, in that case, yeah, there's an issue from the label. however, i know exactly why they did it. the demand from stores was much higher than they anticipated (due to all the amazing press) from record stores and other venders, and since website preorders are already locked in, to get more sales they sent their extra supply to stores before catering to preorders. savvy thing to do business wise even if it pisses off customers

16. cwhit

read my post above, that explains the situation, willing to bet that's what happen and they had to put in another rush pressing for black copies

17. xburningcoffin

KC

They know their fans won’t disown them at this point after all we have been through with them, one last chance to keep us waiting before they disappear.

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Well yeah because vinyl delays would be a dumb thing to disown them for when it'll be a month late tops.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it makes sense. they got your money in august so they realistically have no reason to rush your order out if there is more opportunity for profit.

20. cwhit

exactly. may as increase sales while you're at it

21. xburningcoffin

KC

If you were involved with the Ringo Deathstarr vinyl reissued with Peppermint Daydream Records, you would understand how we got shipping updates once every three months talking about every delay under the sun coming up over the course of 15 months, so I kinda expect that to happen every time a preorder gets a delay.

22. xburningcoffin

KC

Seems to be an ethically/morally grey area to me.

23. cwhit

wasn't that because the label totally fucked over the band in that situation?
    it's capitalism, ethicals/morals don't apply when money is involved

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  25. xburningcoffin

KC

The band had nothing to do with the reissue, didn’t realize it until it was months afterwards and it was a pain in the neck to get a refund.