Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Limited Vinyl Facing a Delay

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Procrastinate! Music Traitors has posted an update stating that the Brand New limited vinyl will not be shipping until “mid-November.”

The Limited vinyl unit is facing an unfortunate brief delay from our pressing plant, but we expect to be able to ship orders to all customers by mid-November.

2. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

trust the process

3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

News article reads "Brand New tests fans patience and loyalty one last time with Limited Vinyl delay."

4. CMilliken

Trusted

Wouldn’t expect anything less.

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

confirmed record contains samples of jesse's hair and semen

6. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

HAHAHAHAHAH

fenway89 likes this.
  7. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Better be worth it! Didn't think paying twice as much before even having any details on the album meant getting it after everyone else too.

They're probably having trouble printing the lyric booklets.

_unproductive and fenway89 like this.
  8. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Damn, didn't see that one coming.

fenway89 likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

100% on brand.

New.

10. kylethrash

I wonder how many they pressed.

fenway89 likes this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

666. Then the machine stopped working.

fenway89 likes this.
  12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Heard the album is good

coleslawed and fenway89 like this.
  13. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Where are the other ones?

fenway89 likes this.
  14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

They are shipping out the regular LPs now, working on sending out all the orders.

I hope the limited edition record ends up being worth the time / extra money, because right now I wish I waited and picked up an indie store red / blue copy.

15. xburningcoffin

KC

Another preorder where I missed out on the Limited/Unique pressing, preordered the wide release, and then they announce another variant that is more rare than the wide release. The real insult to injury is finding that all stores are receiving their records before the preorders...it's just so Brand New

16. bloodinthesand

Regular

That sucks because Amazon vinyl orders have been filled and are spinning on peoples’ turntables now

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That's why it seems inexcusable. I'm never preordering a BN album again SMH

carrytheweird likes this.
  18. bloodinthesand

Regular

The amazon version is killer. Sounds so good

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I really hope the limited version is something special. Paying $52 for a record was a little steep considering there wasn’t even artwork released for the new record at that point but man... Science Fiction is going down as their best record as far as I’m concerned. What a high to go out on..

Mary V, coleslawed, fenway89 and 2 others like this.
  20. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I can’t tell if that last line is sarcastic or not. But, if it isn’t, you needn’t worry. You won’t have another opportunity to pre-order another BN album. Haha.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Amazon is always on it. That’s why I have prime- despite barely using it lol.

22. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Sarcastic but also PMT is sucking

23. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

in all fairness, we're the ones who ordered from a label literally called "Procrastinate!"

24. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Everyone is so up in arms and it's only a two week delay. We'll get the album, dang.

25. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

With the pressures on all vinyl plants right now, I usually assume vinyl pre-orders will arrive later than expected - that way I'm rarely disappointed. Though I know this circumstance is different because the other versions of the album are already in peoples' hands.

coleslawed likes this.