Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Hits Apple Music • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 19, 2017.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

up on Bandcamp now, too.

2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I paid with Paypal as well and got a download right away, weird. were you paying with a paypal balance or connected account/card?

3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

That's pretty much me as well. There are some songs I like, but there's something that just doesn't click with me. I'm always surprised by the amount of hype surrounding this band.

4. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Geez. It's literally everywhere but Spotify (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. Best band of my generation.

6. Saephon

Regular

If Brand New's upcoming tour was just them playing all of this album, I would honestly be okay with that. I've heard every other song enough to last a lifetime. I think it's going to be super emotional for fans to hear whichever new songs they decide to put on their set this Fall. It might be the only time any of us get to see it.

7. aniafc

Trusted

And crazy to think they started out as just another pop-punk band.

mercury, fenway89, nchlsnwtn and 3 others like this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm seeing them at High and Low fest but because I want to hear as many songs off Science Fiction as possible- I'm going to buy (absurdly priced) tickets for the pit at their Warfield show two days later.

Saephon and Dan O'Neill like this.
  9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I know with these guys you never really know, but is this their final album?

10. ZeoVGM

Regular

I think this might be the problem. You think they're supposed to sound a certain way.

serotonin, Saephon, fenway89 and 2 others like this.
  11. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Hey, I'm going to High and Low Fest as well. I was a bit upset about not getting the limited vinyl last week, but it is satisfying to know that I'll be one of the first people to hear new songs live for the first time. I'll see ya there!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

They might release another record years down the road but I feel like it would be more of a collection of random scrapped songs since they been writing for a few years now and I can only imagine the gems they have in their back pocket to share...

"Science Fiction" is a fully realized complete record so any songs they cut were for good reason.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hell yeah!

I got the limited edition vinyl out of pure luck and refreshing for an hour. I'm stoked that I have no idea what to expect lol

14. Orla Aug 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2017)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

It's up on Spotify now!

EDIT: Guess not; my bad. All the songs can be seen, nothing can be played. :(

15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Someone commented on my facebook post about how excited I was about their new album.

Their comment - "they havent been good since Your Favorite Weapon"

What. The. Hell.

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Its on Spotify officially! Just saved it!

elemenohpe and TJ Wells like this.
  17. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I just want to say that this comment makes me so happy.

Lately I had started to wonder if they really were as good as I had always thought, was Jesse as good a lyricist as I remembered? Or was it all nostalgia and personal connection from being the first band I got really into and was it because I jumped in at the beginning of their career?

This album confirmed for me that I wasn't wrong about them. That they are as good, maybe better, than I had always thought.

Also how does a band go from working on an album that would have had I Am A Nightmare, to releasing Science addiction a year later? Haha amazing

18. chcougar1 Aug 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 20, 2017)
    chcougar1

Trusted

Well I mean, they obviously haven’t sounded exactly the same across their previous 4 albums but I feel like aside from YFW they have had a similar sounding progression.

Upon the first few listens, Lit Me Up sounds a lot like them with a mix of Daisy and Deja, but there’s nothing really that sounds like Archers, or Quiet Things, or Sic Transit Gloria, or Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot, or Jesus Christ, or You Stole, or any of the leaked demos.

I am a Nightmare sounded more like them to me than most of this album. I’m not saying it is bad at all, it just hasn’t grabbed me like almost everything else they have done.

19. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yup officially on Spotify, man this record is so good. Totally worth the wait!!!

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

What a bunch of lolz. Fans can be so stupid sometimes when they idolize a debut record to extremes..

fenway89 likes this.
  21. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I've never liked that album. When both BN and TBS only had one record each and everyone was picking sides I couldn't understand how anyone would put YFW in the same league as TAYF.

22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

TAYF has aged much much better than YFW which is funny because Jesse is the better songwriter for sure

carrytheweight likes this.
  23. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Jason I think you should do the review for this one my dude.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  24. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I know Mene was a reworked demo that we never heard the original version of. Makes me wonder if I Am A Nightmare has a similiar story.

25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Shit is some heat rocks