Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brand New Hits Apple Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I've still yet to properly check it out as I'm waiting for it to be on Spotify. Hurry up, Brand New.

3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

SO happy I chose to go with AM instead of Spotify earlier this year.

4. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

It's not on their page but it searchable on Spotify. Just found it!

mercury likes this.
  5. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Only listened twice but this thing bores me to death.

6. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

This makes my day!

I haven't listened yet...too much of a pain with an iphone

7. CMilliken Aug 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 19, 2017)
    CMilliken

Trusted

That’s why I have an iPhone is the ease of music related things. But I still buy most of my music. Downloaded my digital copy from my vinyl purchase. Dropped it in iTunes and minutes later it was uploaded to my iCloud music library and accessible on my phone. Can’t get much easier. Except just clicking add on Apple Music which I use as well.

AshlandATeam and Dan O'Neill like this.
  8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Yeah, I was just waiting for it to be on Apple Music so I could just click add haha

CMilliken and Dan O'Neill like this.
  9. ZooZooChaCha Aug 19, 2017
    ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Going to give it a few more listens - but I don't know - guess I just don't get Brand New. Can totally understand how people love them and think they are the greatest, but just not for me.

Reminds me a lot of Radiohead - I had a room mate who was just crazy about them and I just couldn't get it. He'd play tracks and be like - come on, you have to think this is amazing, and yeah it was great music, but did nothing for me really. I like Creep though.

UPDATE: Okay, Can't Get It Out is pretty awesome.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. Crmson

It's up on Google Play Music as well. I think they put it up under the wrong artist though. If you search "Brand New Science Fiction" it comes up.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Album has been on repeat since Thursday. It's so amazing. AOTY. The hype is real.

12. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

I made the mistake of buying the vinyl through PayPal, which hasn't processed (and won't until Monday), so I'm unable to download the album.

I also have Spotify...

I'm just in limbo for the weekend.

13. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

So is the consensus that everyone loves it? I think its very good but not great but persoanlly I tend to like the harder BN bangers like You Won't Know and Yeah. Very Solid album just not my favorite by them.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  14. Jackbo487

Regular

yesssssss finally

15. Delysid

Regular

This album is absolutely incredible. It is everything I love about brand new and more and I am so happy with it

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This happened to me as well. I have Apple Music though so it's all good. Maybe use a trial account till it hits Spotify?

17. Zip It Chris Aug 19, 2017
    Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I think being a huge Brand New fan comes from those of us in our low to mid 30's that found them in high school and have appreciated every evolution they've gone through in real time...sort of like a tv series that's super in depth and u have to start from the beginning, or you'll be lost if u start on season 4. This album fits with their evolution and is simply incredible.

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm listening to it on spotify right now.

19. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I had a shitty time getting my digital copy on my phone last night. Apparently when you have Apple Music synced with your iCloud, you can't add any non-iTunes music without first un-syncing your entire music library.

So last night I basically erased everything to add this album. Luckily, when I turned the iCloud sync back on, everything came back. It was a scary few minutes though, haha.

There doesn't seem to be another way to do things like that either. You have to un-sync, add what you're adding, then re-sync. It's stupid.

And I could have just waited a day, haha. I wish I knew.

fenway89 and bachna84 like this.
  20. Why didn't you just add the mp3s to iTunes and then send to your iCloud music library?

21. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

Right after I posted that I remembered I have Google Play Music that I get with YouTube Red. Surprisingly on there.

22. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I don't really use my computer (or iTunes really) much anymore...is it really that easy? Shit.

The music on my phone is all iTunes purchases and albums from Apple Music. I guess I set myself up for a hard time on this, huh? Haha.

23. Yeah I do it all the time. Haha. Mixing my personal collection with Apple Music is why I use it.

24. jeff.dart

Regular

Thanks dude, I was trying to find it but couldn't get it to come up. Found it now.

fenway89 likes this.
  25. chcougar1

Trusted

Yeah I get that the element of surprise probably helped, but I honestly don’t like this anywhere near as much as I do Deja or Devil and God. Even Daisy sounded more like them overall. I will keep listening, but only the first track held me the first few times through.